Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Please help me with my misbehaving cooker...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this is really rude asking for your help as I haven't posted for aaaages but I'm desperate!

Anyone know how to stop the ignition on my hob sparking CONSTANTLY? It's just going click... click... click... all day, nothing stops it, it's driving me mad...

Why is it doing this?!

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont know, id call someone out to get it looked out tbh, better safe than sorry if its giving off carbon monoxide
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Please help me with my misbehaving cooker...
    Originally posted by BritJames
    if you stayed in the kitchen instead of going out partying, you'd know :p

    tsk women! know your place

    :rolleyes:

    Sexist behavior in it's purest form...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yer i had this.. its more annoying than a dripping tap!

    try taking a knife to the ignition and fishing out the button.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i dont know, id call someone out to get it looked out tbh, better safe than sorry if its giving off carbon monoxide
    ya daft bugger! an ignition doesn't give off gas!
    the switch is dirty ...clogged with grease ...as someone said ...but not with a knife ...something tiny and pointed ...like a pin at first to scrape around the sides of the switch/button.
    careful you don't snap the pin or you could loose an eye.
    look under the sink ...see if you have a bottle of degreaser ...spray a bit onto the button whilst pushing it in and out or switching it on and off.
    sorted.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if that should fail take the battery out ...usualy inside the bottom drawer or ...if it's a mains one ...switch the bloody thing off.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My sparker thing has a battery, if yours does take it out
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What has happened is that the ignition switch has got clogged with grease, and is jamemd down.

    Degrease it, fish it out with a pin, or take the battery out.

    And yes, I plagiarise.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rip the cooker out. Have it taken to a tip. Buy another cooker. Install new cooker. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Rip the cooker out. Have it taken to a tip. Buy another cooker. Install new cooker. Problem solved.
    ...and the guy down the tip makes a quick fifty quid selling it on ...everyones happy.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You guys sue it works on a battery thought they were connected to the mains??

    My friend coker is kinda dangerous!! You have to manually push and turn to light it, the pushing ignites and the turn increases the gas, but we found you can accidently walk by and catch it on your belt and the gas comes on and no ignition spark go the gas can build up until the kitchen explodes and that's a brand new £7,000 Kitchen he's had done!!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    You guys sue it works on a battery thought they were connected to the mains??

    My friend coker is kinda dangerous!! You have to manually push and turn to light it, the pushing ignites and the turn increases the gas, but we found you can accidently walk by and catch it on your belt and the gas comes on and no ignition spark go the gas can build up until the kitchen explodes and that's a brand new £7,000 Kitchen he's had done!!!
    i hae a similar problem with an eight hundred quid cooker ...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i hae a similar problem with an eight hundred quid cooker ...

    I can't for the life of my work out how thes cookers passed safety tests.

    My friend's kitchen is tiny and my dad was working on their boiler in there and I could hear a hissing sound only cos my ears are very sharp and after 5 minutes realised the cooker is on pumping our gas but no fire and he'd caught it twice on his belt!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I can't for the life of my work out how thes cookers passed safety tests.

    My friend's kitchen is tiny and my dad was working on their boiler in there and I could hear a hissing sound only cos my ears are very sharp and after 5 minutes realised the cooker is on pumping our gas but no fire and he'd caught it twice on his belt!!
    what i can't for the life of me figure out diamond is ...we have been making these things for over a hundred bleedin years ...same with cars ...they recall them cos the fucking brakes don't work!
Sign In or Register to comment.