Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How many is too many??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right im not going to go into detail because if anyone i know reads these boards by some random chance id die! Anyways yeah im 16, 17 in a month or so and well im just wondering what you all class as a slutty amount of people for my age.

Ive done foreplay stuff with 7 people and slept with 2, is that a shocking amount? people at college seem to have the wrong idea of me and its really starting to get to me! I went through a really bad stage where some shit happened and since ive stopped all these flings but people still think of me like that.

Out of the seven 3 were guys i was in a relationship with or seeing or like an ongoing thing with...ie not just a one night fling...that 3 includes the 2 i slept with.

Someone told me that the average woman only gives bjs to 5 men in her lifetime and so told me i was a ho for already exceeding that number at 16. Is that true?

I want truthful answers but will you not be too harsh please im feeling kinda down about this already!! :(

Comments

• Options
    Okay... You're 16 and you've slept with 2 people - Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I mean, you ask for other people's opinions; but what really matters here is how you feel about it - do you think that is a "shocking amount?"

Sometimes, we all do things that we regret, and you do seem distressed about this, but how did you feel about this at the time? You say that you have "stopped all these flings" so, is your distress more so about what other people think of you now rather than about having done this?

The best advice I can give you is - Don't let people give you a hard time over this - it will just destroy your self-esteem, and I don't think that you deserve that based on what you have said. And that's my honest answer, okay.
  • Options
    Its not the 2 people ive slept with...i aint bothered abotu that at all...its the bj situation......i got a name for it bcos i did quite a lot of drunken mistakes involving that and so people think of me like that now and i hate it.

i put a stop to it because i realised i didnt look good and yeah im pretty ashamed of some of them but people dont realise this and they keep thinking of me like that. Is it really all that bad?
  • Options
    lol omg whoever said the average girls only give 5 bjs in their whole life is full of shit, i have 16 year old friends that have sex with their boyfriends all the time, and give bjs to them also, and trust me, its way more than 5, the average person lives to be around 80 right? that means if you give a bj at 16, you can only give head to 4 more guys in 24 years (assuming they dont give anymore after 40 years old)? what kind of shit is that? your perfectly normal, dont worry about it.
  • Options
    It's up to you how you feel about this...not other people.

You only really give a bad impression of yourself if you boast about these things which I'm sure that you don't. People develope at different rates and some people are more sexually active than others.

Just don't tell people the ins and outs of your sex life in the future.
  • Options
    Re: How many is too many??
    Originally posted by luckystar69
    Ive done foreplay stuff with 7 people and slept with 2, is that a shocking amount?

Not at all, I'm just 18 and have slept with 9 people and I still dont see that as a large amount of people considering its been over 3 year period.
  • Options
    Re: How many is too many??
    Originally posted by luckystar69

Someone told me that the average woman only gives bjs to 5 men in her lifetime and so told me i was a ho for already exceeding that number at 16. Is that true?

Sorry I missed that and I just have one thing to say to that:
    Bullshit!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: How many is too many??

2,300 is too many.
  • Options
    I need to sleep with two people.

My total: 0
  • Options
    Well years ago you were only supposed to go with your husband or wife. So I don't think it really matters nowadays.
  • Options
    I think if you are giving out a lot of "drunken mistakes" then you need to be more careful about how much you drink, and what you do whilst drunk. If you are making mistakes with BJs it's onwe thing, but if that progresses to sex you might make mistakes like, say, forgetting to use your little rubber friends.

I think if a person is having sex with one partner every six months, on average, then that is about right. I'm quite concerned about people who have 20 or 25 notches on their bedpost, and they're not even 21 yet. If you've got more partners than your age you're doing too much.
  • Options
    i've done foreplay with 3 people and slept with one and thats quite low. Though even though I really want to, i could never let myself sleep with anyone i didnt love.
  • Options
    depends how you feel about it. i've slept with 6 people, and in retrospect, i think that's too many.

but i have friends the same age who've been with 50 and think nothing of it.
  • Options
    Re: Re: How many is too many??
    Originally posted by Zella
    Sorry I missed that and I just have one thing to say to that:
    Bullshit!

I completely disagree, but I'm not saying she's a slut or anything else. Think of all the people who don't live in western culture, every single woman on the earth. 3 billion? I bet probably half of them have never given one, let alone 5. Of course there's going to be people in America where sex is seldom seen as sacred who have given 100s of bjs, but if you put it in perspective the 'average' amount of blowjobs a woman gives isn't going to be that high.
  • Options
    Hey thanx for all tha replies! Knowing generally i aint seen as a slut helps! Just for the record i dont go round telling people anything about my sex life, they tend to find out because people at my college still act like 12 year old girls and gossip, also alot of that was last year at parties etc so people found out! Also for the record i do now watch how much im drinkin!!

Feeling better about myself now cheers guys!!:D
  • Options
    It's not really up to anyone else to decide whether that is too many or not it's more about how it makes you feel. If you think the number is to great then lay off things like that for a while, be carefull when you drink, ie don't get rat arsed so you can make sober decsions in what you are doing.
    Oh and it is normally girls that are so quick to lable the 'slag tag' so just make your business, your own :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: How many is too many??
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Of course there's going to be people in America where sex is seldom seen as sacred who have given 100s of bjs,

Sorry, but what on earth are you talking about?

America is in the main a far more religious place than Western Europe. What exactly were you basing this random generalisation on?
  • Options
    hey bong,

Seriously cant you change your av... its scary!
  • Options
    Alright, since you asked nicely. I will. But you owe me one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Well I think each to their own. I find it funny how some guys criticise girls for how many people they've been with yet them, theirselves have been with triple the amount. (Sorry talking from experience)

Aye.

It's male hypocrisy- they want to marry a virgin, but want to have fucked ten girls before. But they don't want to fuck the village bike. Don't quite know what they expect.

I think if any person has slept with more than their age then they're doing too much, and are a bit loose. But if they enjoy it then that's up to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Alright, since you asked nicely. I will. But you owe me one.
    I'll be sure you remember that :p
  • Options
    Sounds ideal.
  • Options
    I've changed alot recently. I didn't used to care but I do now. I don't go out and try and pull blokes, I wanna get to know people now. Not that I had one night stands.

I think the problem comes when you get shy girls who are down on their self-esteem. Bastard men sweet talk them, and if you're down on your self-esteem if someone shows you interest you'll do anything to keep that interest.

It's always something I note that shy and insecure girls ahve had many sexual partners, but shy and insecure men have only had one or two.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: How many is too many??
    Sorry, but what on earth are you talking about?

America is in the main a far more religious place than Western Europe. What exactly were you basing this random generalisation on?

American pie? :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many is too many??
    I've always wondered if Apple Pie does feel like ....

Not that much.
  • Options
    Its a bit too lumpy
  • Options
    Its a bit too lumpy
    :lol:
  • Options
    Maybe if I used apple sauce rather than slices...
  • Options
    God Bong I just hope that you eat your apple pie and don't do other random rude things to it :eek2:
  • Options
    If people are judging you just remember...

Those who care dont matter, and those who matter dont care :yes:
  • Options
    Bollocks

If you're going overboard those who care about you will be the first to say something, and you should listen.