Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Silly little comics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It depresses me to think how large a readership the Daily Mail and the Daily Express must actually have.

Every time I am forced to read these pathetic excuses for journalism due to there being no other material available, which normally occurs whenever I am either at my nan's (she buys the Mail) or my second cousin's (she buys the Express), I am torn between laughter at the idiocy of the statements made, anger at the insult made to things that are important to me, depression at the fact that free speech allows them to print such rubbish, and annoyance that I have actually spent my time reading such complete and utter bollocks.

I would rather read the Sun or the Mirror - at least with those papers, I know that most of the intelligent readership understands most of the material is complete bollocks. I wonder why people continue to purchase the Mail or the Express when they masquerade under the guise of a serious newspaper, and in fact print information that would find more place in the latest edition of the Beano.

Do share some of your horror stories from bullshit in these papers. I will return with more strength to add a few of my stories about the crap these sorry rags print.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Silly little comics
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    It depresses me to think how large a readership the Daily Mail and the Daily Express must actually have.

Every time I am forced to read these pathetic excuses for journalism due to there being no other material available, which normally occurs whenever I am either at my nan's (she buys the Mail) or my second cousin's (she buys the Express), I am torn between laughter at the idiocy of the statements made, anger at the insult made to things that are important to me, depression at the fact that free speech allows them to print such rubbish, and annoyance that I have actually spent my time reading such complete and utter bollocks.

theres deffinately life jim ...not as we know it ...but inteligent life!
    all power to you.
    but tell 'em ...leave a decent paper with them now and again ...in the loo ...the g
  • Options
    I thought this thread would be about comic strips fund in the newspapers...

I fucking hate Garfield.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I thought this thread would be about comic strips fund in the newspapers...

I fucking hate Garfield.

Garfield is the man! (or cat)
  • Options
    I hate the Daily mail with a vengeance, and it depresses me too Dr. Carter, that so many people read that thing.

At least the Sun doesn't pretend to be clever, it knows it's rubbish, whilst the Daily Mail actually believes it is a sensible paper.

What annoys about that paper as a girl (i hate that femail bit) is that it goes on about how big women are better, curves are great etc. one day, then slags off kate moss because she has bit of cellulite on the beach the next.

It also is intent on making immigrants lives hear as difficult as possible.

I shudder when i see people reading it.
  • Options
    i read a very amusing article this weekend though - something called chav culture or something? reporting the habits of these individuals, the kind that worship victoria beckham and jordan and wear burberry. it interestingly enough reported that if a chav (i really hope it's the right word) girl hasn't had a child by 17, she is seen as a genetic failure zone, and in order to help ensure that the next child she pumps out will be less naughty than the first, or to continue a trend of worldwide genetic diversity, every child will have a different father...