Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

NTL phone line & Braodband

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got it? Is it any good? We cant transfer our telewest cable stuff to our new place as its out of the area so we thought NTL had a fair deal.

So, Good service?

Comments

• Options
    My family use the NTL phone line, digital tv and broadband and we havnt had a single problem with them.

you're going to get mixed comments about NTL, people are going to say "NTL IS CRAP" "NTL IS ALWAYS DOWN" e.t.c "NTL IS SLOW" e.t.c to name a few, but it all depends on what area you live in.

the reason it differers from area to area is because in one area you will have people who just use NTL broadband for family usage, and occassional downloading, and in the other area you will have people who use their connections 24/7 to constantly download and upload stuff, anyone whos in this second area will be the people who moan about NTL, but its not a problem of NTL, its just people in the area around you being greedy with their connections.

fortunately im in one of the first areas and my connections great, never dies never goes out. its perfect, i couldnt ask for a better ISP for my internet.

so its a bit dodgy if choosing NTL for an isp, fortunately im in a good NTL area, but the area you're in could either be good or bad, its just part of the risk if choosing NTL for your ISP.

As for the telephone service, i rarely see people complaining about it. if only it could be the same for their internet service.

Ah well.
  • Options
    NTL were technically very poor when I used them, but that was for dial-up around 10 years ago. I know someone who works in one of their support centers, and I'm not convinced that things have improved