Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

fear factory!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone else a fan?

i found out about this band resently, and ok they have some real shit, they have 2 songs that i've heard that are amazing:

human shields and invisable wounds.

the guitars are pretty amazing. haunting i think

and the vocals are so strong.....

anyone else agree?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    cars (classic with the chugging guitars).

linchpin.... awesome on a decent soundsystem. prefer killswitch engage to ff though, something slightly less cheesey about them :D
  • Options
    i like the industrialness of ff, it seems really smooth yet well edged, if you get what i mean.
  • Options
    industrial? take it you've heard 'reptile' by NIN? could hardly get more industrial, there's a cacophany of metallic gubbins rattling in the background.

top track too.
  • Options
    Used to be (and still am to some extent) a fan of FF. Liked Obselete and Soul of a New Machine as albums.
    They're pretty shite nowadays without Dino playing guitar, as that for me was the most impressive part of their sound, along with the crazy super-fast drumming.
    The vocals are powerful, but sound the same for pretty much every song.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    linchpin.... awesome on a decent soundsystem.
    Got to agree with that! :thumb:

Also, unless I'm getting confused with another group, Anarchy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    industrial? take it you've heard 'reptile' by NIN? could hardly get more industrial, there's a cacophany of metallic gubbins rattling in the background.

top track too.

i have. and you can.

ever heard of coil? can't beat them.....

NIN really arn't that industrial when it comes down to it. damn great band, but not really that industrial. i think the downwards spiral album was about as industrial as they got, but this new album is ment to be something special..........when it actually comes out......:rolleyes: