Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Glasgow. We're the kind of people that waste taxpayer's cash.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else seen the "Glasgow. We're every kind of people" posters appearing all over the city, sporting the city council's coat of arms? Does anyone know what they are for? Would someone in the council care to explain why they are wasting taxpayer's money on an apparently pointless ad campaign?.

Comments

• Options
    Is the right place to repeat my belief that Scotland is a waste of money?

Apart from that, umm. They're obviously advertising for a reason, although it'd have been more productive to advertise in anotehr city. Mind, Duirham County Council have taken to plastering "we're great!" on the side of buses, but they have a reason, as Prescott wants to shut it down.
  • Options
    Whereabouts are they being posted? I haven't seen any of them. And Kermit I really hate it when you do that.
  • Options
    Don't most councils do similair things? Our council likes to scream out its slogans on banners, flags, posters, ads etc I guess its to show your a dynamic European city of the 21st century as opposed to an urban wasteland of secterianism and crime.

Civic pr more like ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    And Kermit I really hate it when you do that.

Mock Scotland?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Mock Scotland?

You just do it because you are unfortunate enough to live up north :p;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    You just do it because you are unfortunate enough to live up north :p;)

And fortunate enough to not live further up north;)

In all honesty, I really like Scotland, and I love the shopping in Glasgow. I'm not so keen on Edinburgh, but Aberdeen is my favouritest city in the world. Even if it did spawn FirstGroup:(

The Scottish are so easy to wind up though.
  • Options
    well if even you wonderful glaswegians don't know what's being advertised it's obviously aimed at the inteligent english tourists!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well if even you wonderful glaswegians don't know what's being advertised it's obviously aimed at the inteligent english tourists!

Shusht you. At least I don't live in Wales ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    "Glasgow. We're every kind of people"

There's about a million one liners in there :lol:

Or being more constructive, actually spending money sorting the place out, instead of putting posters all over the place, like they're in denial.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Aberdeen is my favouritest city in the world.

You fantastic, fantastic man :thumb:
  • Options
    Shusht you. At least I don't live in Wales ;)
    gods country i tell ya ...or it will be when the mancs and scousers have driven out the inbreds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    You fantastic, fantastic man :thumb:

I thought you'd approve :lol:
  • Options
    Whereabouts are they being posted? I haven't seen any of them. And Kermit I really hate it when you do that.
    All over Glasgow. So you won't see them if you're in Yemen. Kind of shoots down the "tourist" argument, as you have to be in Glasgow already to see them!
    As Bri-namite said they would be better off spending the cash on actual improvements to the city, rather than using posters to make like it isn't all that bad after all. They could start by painting the Albert Bridge.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    All over Glasgow. So you won't see them if you're in Yemen. Kind of shoots down the "tourist" argument, as you have to be in Glasgow already to see them!

:lol: For fuck sake Slog ya nutter I live in Glasgow. I am in Glasgow. My location is a pisstake :p