Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Online Multiplayer DDR

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does it exsist???

Comments

• Options
    eh?
  • Options
    DDR being the dance game?

or am i completely wrong
  • Options
    ahh yeah, dance dance revolution.

afaik it doesn't exist... ugh. =)
  • Options
    Anyone know when it's out on the GBA?
  • Options
    Ohhh thats quite a good thing - no idea about the GBA soz
  • Options
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    Ohhh thats quite a good thing - no idea about the GBA soz

:banghead:
  • Options
    there's a pc 'version' of ddr (a rip off) called step something or other which you can play online.

i believe the latest versions of ddr for the ps2/xbox will have at least an online ranking table, perhaps live play.

and ddr on the gameboy? i thought the whole premise of the game was the fact you could actually play the game by dancing... :rolleyes:

tits on a fish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_

and ddr on the gameboy? i thought the whole premise of the game was the fact you could actually play the game by dancing... :rolleyes:

• Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

exactly. it's like playing samba de amigo without maracas, house of the dead without the gun, taiko no tatsujin without the massive taiko drum, mini moni tambourine without the tambourine, guitar freaks without the guitar, beatmania without the turntable.

in other words pointless.
  • Options
    exactly. it's like playing samba de amigo without maracas, house of the dead without the gun, taiko no tatsujin without the massive taiko drum, mini moni tambourine without the tambourine, guitar freaks without the guitar, beatmania without the turntable.

:yes: like Sega rally without a steering wheel and pedals.. i know what you mean although it wouldn't suprise me if Nin brough out a matt for the GBA :p

Well seriously nintendo will bring it out on the gameboy so you can use it with a gamecube version with the link up cable so you get better gameplay or added features ect,

Thats one rumor anyway
  • Options
    and the Ps2/xbox one will include online ranking and most likely online head to head/tournaments

:D

[/gamer freak mode]
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    :yes: like Sega rally without a steering wheel and pedals...

driving games are a little bit different though, it's similar in some reapects but they still play well with a pad. the other games i mentioned are just utterly shit without the proper peripherals as they weren't designed for use without them.
  • Options
    driving games are a little bit different though... they still play well with a pad. the other games i mentioned are just utterly shit without the proper peripherals.

true but so was Sega rally imho, I loved it with the steering wheel in the arcade, 30p a play :D,

but it does play ok but.. average,
  • Options
    you can still play driving games well with a pad as it doesn't really detract from the experience 'cos you're still rattling full throttle around corners trying to take out your opponents.

music games completely rely on the use of peripherals to complete the 'experience'. what is the point of playing a dancing game when you can't dance?

example, i have a game called samba de amigo (rare as fish tits) and you shake maracas with the music to score. take away the maracas and you're left with nothing, it completely removes the enjoyment.
  • Options
    you can still play driving games well with a pad as it doesn't really detract from the experience 'cos you're still rattling full throttle around corners trying to take out your opponents.

music games completely rely on the use of peripherals to complete the 'experience'. what is the point of playing a dancing game when you can't dance?

example, i have a game called samba de amigo (rare as fish tits) and you shake maracas with the music to score. take away the maracas and you're left with nothing, it completely removes the enjoyment.

I agree, and I remember hearing about that game.. was ity good?

http://www.illlogic.net/images/japan2002/ayako-and-jason-play-samba-de-amigo-6-29.jpg
  • Options
    it's impossible to play it and not be grinning like a fucking idiot.

simple yet so fun. if you ever get a chance to play it, do NOT turn it down, nothing like shaking your thing to some cheesy ricky martin tracks.

• Options
    it's impossible to play it and not be grinning like a fucking idiot.

simple yet so fun. if you ever get a chance to play it, do NOT turn it down, nothing like shaking your thing to some cheesy ricky martin tracks.

i'll keep that in mind lol
  • Options

I was joking...? :razz:
  • Options
    so why did you ask about the gba version? hardly comes across as a joke there...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    so why did you ask about the gba version?

That was the joke ;[[[[
  • Options
    People who own Samba shouldn't brag about it - it just makes the everyone else jealous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    People who own Samba shouldn't brag about it - it just makes the everyone else jealous.

awww poor jim V hasn't got Samba :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    That was the joke ;[[[[

how was it a joke when there's already been gameboy versions?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V

so saying it was £80 brand new would be bad?

and saying my mate found a mint 2nd hand copy for £60 would also be bad?

you can still find them on ebay for about £70... not bad really.
  • Options
    how was it a joke when there's already been gameboy versions?

Given that most people over 10 years old don't follow GameBoy releases anymore, I didn't know.