Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Update on my condition, for those who care....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been clean for almost 2 months. Yeah I know that it isnt much but still, I'm really proud of myself. I stopped cocaine because my nose was literally falling apart. I couldn't blow my nose without pieces of it falling out. I got bloody noses 5 to 10 times a day. I look like a human now. I stopped the heroin and I'm still in the "detox" process. I have to take methadone and naltrexone daily to help keep my withdrawls under control. I was stupid and waited until something "happened" for me to stop all the drugs and I will pay for that mistake physically and mentally for the rest of my life. I'm doing much better, and thank you (you know who you are) to the certain people who were nice enough to care and warn me about what i was doing. I don't really have access to a computer very often so I won't be on much but I jus wanted to say thanks :wave: :)

Comments

• Options
    Nice to see you're on the mend and don't cave in, it'll be worth it in the end. (nice wee rhyme there for ya)
  • Options
    Have to say thats a relief. It was scary reading about some of the stuff you were doing. Really glad you've sorted it out, stick with it, and hopefully it can be a chapter of your life put behind you :)
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to ask about this aspect of your life on MSN, but glad to see you're moving in the right direction.

Yeah you wanna watch that nose you don't wanna end up like Daniella Westbrook - An english actress who's nose fell apart totally in the centre when she was snorting drugs!!!

hopefully hook up with you in the big Apple
  • Options
    Well done, glad your getting back on the straight and narrow now.

Good luck with it all.
  • Options
    Re: Update on my condition, for those who care....
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I I will pay for that mistake physically and mentally for the rest of my life.
    you'll be pleasantly surprised that there is little or no long term damage mentaly or physicaly.
    i cained most of it very heavily for years.
    whenever i have any kind of medical test ...my blood pressure is perfect. all my vital organs are near perfect.
    alcohol abusers are the ones who suffer health problems for the rest of their lives.
    when you finaly get rid of the methadone etc and are truly free from it all ...you will be amazed how fast you become both mentaly and physicaly very very healthy.
    good on you BB for admitting you lost control and have done something abiout it.
    you'll be fine ...real fine.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Very glad to hear you are looking after yourself Blnde_BombShell, we mods were very concerned about you.
    Hope you stay strong xxx
  • Options
    Thats truely fantastic news, I was thinking about how you were doing this week and was going to email you to check.

Well done!!

I'm sure its still going to be difficult but you've made the most important step. Keep it up.
  • Options
    Yeah nice one girl keep with it :)
  • Options
    Its hard giving up anything addictive and I can only begin to imagine what courage and determination this has taken.

100% respect foro you BB and good luck and stay strong

:)
  • Options
    Keep it up:thumb:

I remember reading that thread thinking ' I hope she realises sooner rather than later' so it is good to see that you are on the right track- I can imagine it'll be really tough but it'll be worth it for your health

Good Luck:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by usual suspect
    it'll be worth it for your health

Good Luck:)
    and your pocket!
  • Options
    That's great news lovely, keep on keeping on.

Take care of you

Susie xx
  • Options
    Nice one! Keep strong. :)
  • Options
    nice 1 pet, gud on ya, congratulation infact r in order even tho we dont know eachother or spoke to eachother but i remember readin yo posts, keep it up, fight the struggles n temptaions dont let a bad mood put u bak on the stuff!!!

well dun u deserve it babe
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    keep on keeping on.

Susie xx
    oi! just cos you now live in gods country doesn't mean you can go round nicking my lines!
  • Options
    its already been said, but, well done.
    I am really pleased for you.
    :)
  • Options
    That's really strange.

I was sitting here reading a few threads thinking I hadn't read anything by BB in a while and wondered if she was ok...

Then I see this thread!

Am well chuffed - you used to be great for giving people advice on these boards and so hopefully we'll have you back soon!

Good luck with it all and well done! :)

Gx
  • Options
    Hey Blnde Bombshell

I'm a relative newbie here so I'm none too sure what the past has held for you, but I getting a slight picture from your first post in this thread.

So I hope everything is going ok for you, you take care and keep safe.

J
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oi! just cos you now live in gods country doesn't mean you can go round nicking my lines!

I've been using that there line for aeons, and it appears in the book "words and phrases that are property of Susie" so remember to pay the fee everytime you use it ;)
  • Options
    thats awesome keep staying off it, you're proving to yourself you're the strong person you always knew you were.:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    I've been using that there line for aeons, and it appears in the book "words and phrases that are property of Susie" so remember to pay the fee everytime you use it ;)
    bet you don't know where it came from originaly though!

a dr john song way back in 1970.
  • Options
    I'm sure it originates from before that. Wasn't it a Black Panthers quote?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I'm sure it originates from before that. Wasn't it a Black Panthers quote?
    ok spoil sport ...i demand you back that up!
  • Options
    Best I can do is this
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Best I can do is this
    why is everyone out to get me with FACTS!
    bastard ...30years of delusion up in smoke ...
  • Options
    im glad to see that you're condition is improving, i hope you continue to feel better, and that you feel happier for it :)
  • Options
    BB-well done chuck-am so pleased and happy for you! made my day seeing you so positive!
  • Options
    Wow BB, thats just brilliant. Im really really pleased for you. :D:)
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, I registered in order to ask some questions. I didn't really know where to post this, so I put it here, since it's related to BB condition. Sorry if I seem to pollute the thread.

I recently discovered that one of my relative has been taking heroin. Nobody in the family know the specifics, since he or his parents wouldn't talk about it.
    I just know he started last year in spring or summer, and stopped last spring when his parents discovered it.

Since then, he's been on a treatment to stop.

I've been through the fact sheets and the threads on this site, and there's some questions I'd like to ask. I'm particularly interested in BB and Morocan Roll since they have personal experience of it, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

- how much fixes does it take to become addicted ? what duration and frequency of use ?
    - according to the duration and the frequency, how much difficult is it to quit ? what are the risks of failure ?
    - My relative and his parents wouldn't talk about it. I'm not even supposed to know. What should my behaviour be ? avoid the subject as long as it is not open before me, or start on the subject ? what should/can I do, and what mustn't/shouldn't I do ?

Thanks by advance.

Regards,

Gwen
  • Options
    to become addicted to heroin as in actualy suffer withdrawl symptoms you need to have a least one hit a day for around a month.
    the withdrawl from that would be like a mild dose of flu or a bad cold.
    if you have been 'absorbed' by this stuff for years ...it can get very complicated.
    heroin is your wife is your life is your only true love. heroin comes before all other things ...physicaly emotionaly spiritualy ...more often than not financialy as well. you have a lifestyle geared to getting and using which becomes ingrained in your very soul ...becomes a part of you ...your personality.
    heroin is your only real true freind. heroin is also like a demon who has possesed you.
    heroin is the ultimate painkiller. you have felt nothing remotely 'normal' for so long that ...laughter is amazing when you rediscover it ...as are tears. feelings come flooding back that you haven't experienced in years ...
    heroin makes you comforatbly numb.
    most addicts are convinced that packing it in will be terrible ...how will they ever have a good time again? will they ever be able to laugh again? how boring is a drug free life?
    the thing is ...they cannot see that they stopped laughing a long time ago. they haven't truly had a good time in years ...cos they no longer know what that feels like.
    i'm rambling ...goodbye for now ...talk again.
    the good news ...most people not only survive this terrible thing but actualy thrive later in life ...glad they actualy did it and escaped ....