Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Craneflies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am more scared of craneflies than anything else, and there seem to be thousands of the fuckers this year, they're everywhere!!! Is anyone else scared of them?

I wish they'd just die already :(

Comments

• Options
    WTFs a cranefly?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Craneflies

They're worse when they're grubs in the ground. Leather Jackets :yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    WTFs a cranefly?

Daddy long legs. Y'know, those little bastard flying things with stupidly long legs and *shudders* wings. And they're thick as shit and always fly at me :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Daddy long legs.

Aah daddy long legs. How can you be scared of them? They don't *do* anything!
  • Options

Are you for real? They're fucking terrifying. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura

They are. They're like the spawn of satan. They don't do anything but try and fly into you constantly and terrorise you and do their best to make a nuisence of themselves until you either kill them or get someone else to get them out the house.
  • Options
    God I totally agree with chaos_insomniac, I hate the way they flutter about in your face and I swear they follow me about. I used to get my dad to catch them, he'd just grab them in his hand - mad if you ask me! :eek2:
  • Options
    I'd almost go as far as to say they're worse than moths. Almost.
  • Options
    I'd almost go as far as to say they're worse than moths. Almost.

I don't think moths are that bad. They are faster and more erratic, but craneflies have the stupid long legs that just freak me out.
  • Options
    No way, moths are as bad as it gets. One minute they're fluttering by a light or something, the next they're going right for your face. I mean, what is the point in them anyway? They're just disgusting.
  • Options
    I don't get why people are afriad of insects and stuff:confused: Ok I can understand when it's something dangerous like a black widow spider or mosquito, but most of them are harmless and don't actually do anything?! What's all the fuss about?
  • Options

Terrifying WTF? They just fly in the general direction of the nearest light then bounce around the ceiling/wall beside it.
    They are. They're like the spawn of satan. They don't do anything but try and fly into you constantly and terrorise you and do their best to make a nuisence of themselves until you either kill them or get someone else to get them out the house.

With all that white make-up, I can see how them mistaking you for a light source might be a problem for you :razz:
  • Options
    Terrifying WTF? They just fly in the general direction of the nearest light then bounce around the ceiling/wall beside it.

We aren't all big tough men like you. ;(
  • Options
    Ladybirds. If someone see's a ladybird no doubt they'll go "Aww look a ladybird! How many spots has it got?!" but what they don't seem to realise is that they're just as freaky as beatles, except red .. and spotty. (and without warning, they can fly in your face, ew.) :(
    Well .. not everyone that is ..
  • Options
    We aren't all big tough men like you. ;(

Yeah, I can see how it must take tremendous strength to hit them with a magazine :razz:
  • Options
    omg daddy long legs are so ming :( im so scared, its like spiders, with wings, that fly AT me :(
  • Options
    With all that white make-up, I can see how them mistaking you for a light source might be a problem for you :razz:

Haha. I haven't worn any white make-up for over a year ;)
  • Options
    Haha. I haven't worn any white make-up for over a year ;)

Yeah I know, but that joke didn't work so well without the make-up :(
  • Options
    What's really strange is that I'm absolutely terrified of spiders, but craneflies don't bother me at all. I think I'm scared of the number of legs on a spider and the look of them when they run :(
  • Options
    Yeah I know, but that joke didn't work so well without the make-up :(

How do you know? Been stalking have we? :razz:
  • Options
    Yeah, I can see how it must take tremendous strength to hit them with a magazine :razz:

Ew, seriously Kieran, as if I'm gonna get that close to the little beggars. I'm too busy cowering in a corner/trying to get out of the room. :(
  • Options
    I'm terrified of those aswell they are like drunken spiders with wings.
  • Options
    How do you know? Been stalking have we? :razz:

You've got somewhere in the region of 92 links to picture sites in your sig :razz:
    Ew, seriously Kieran, as if I'm gonna get that close to the little beggars. I'm too busy cowering in a corner/trying to get out of the room. :(

You ever seen that film Predator? Where the whole film the commandos get their ass kicked? And right at the end Arnie makes a stand after he discovers he's invisible to them if he masks his heat signature? And when the predator's just about to die, he arms a small nuke to self-destruct?

Well killing a daddy long-legs is nothing like that.
  • Options

Actually, they have the most deadly poison known to man. Just no teeth, apparently.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Actually, they have the most deadly poison known to man. Just no teeth, apparently.

Urban legend.
  • Options
    oh... how disapointing...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85

That's supposed to be harvestmen, not crane flies.
  • Options
    what? the spiders with all legs and no bodies? I knew I was killing them for a reason!
  • Options
    You've got somewhere in the region of 92 links to picture sites in your sig :razz:

Nout wrong with being a whore. :)
  • Options
    Crane flies are my biggest insect hate. I've managed to get over myself as far as spiders and even huge cockroaches go, but craneflies still freak me out.

*Shivers*