Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sexual Abuse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of months ago a friend (who shall here be known as Bob) had charges made against him for sexual abuse on his 12 year old cousin. Now at first I couldn't believe that he'd do such a thing, but something that happened today and yesterday has made me think otherwise.

My 15 year old friend (who shall be known as Bill) was giving him blowbacks (they were smoking weed) and then they kissed. The went to a more quiet area and kissed some more, before going to a public car pack, where Bob tossed off Bill and made him climax, then swallowed.

This makes me feel fucking sick. Having spoken to Bill, trying to pry some truth, he will not tell me anything, as Bob told me and said that I cannot tell Bill I know.

I seriously don't know what the hell to do...someone help!! :(

Comments

• Options
    Why do the antics of bill and bob affect the case?
  • Options
    I would have thought because Bill was 15? Although a lot of people would say its okay because hes near the legal age of consent etc (which I believe is now 16 for gay people?), when you team it with the fact Bob has also been accused of abuse of a 12 year old, him having sexual relations with a 15 year old is not going to look good. Plus, its still illegal.

I really don't know what you can do in this situation, if Bill refuses to admit that anything has happened then it is difficult to know what to do, is Bill aware of the accusations that have been made against Bob? Perhaps there are some helplines you could ring that could give you advice on which course of action to take?

Sorry I haven't been of much help, but I think you're right in being concerned.

Edited to say, you didnt actually say how old Bob was here, as this may affect things if he is also under 16 :confused:
  • Options
    Because he's 15. And that makes it illegal. And if he's doing this with a 15 year old who's to say he didn't do that to the 12 year old? It's illegal and I'm wondering if I should go to the police. But then if I did they'd both hate me for it.

I really don't know what to do. By the way, the 15 year old looks about 12.
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    I would have thought because Bill was 15? Although a lot of people would say its okay because hes near the legal age of consent etc (which I believe is now 16 for gay people?), when you team it with the fact Bob has also been accused of abuse of a 12 year old, him having sexual relations with a 15 year old is not going to look good. Plus, its still illegal.

I really don't know what you can do in this situation, if Bill refuses to admit that anything has happened then it is difficult to know what to do, is Bill aware of the accusations that have been made against Bob? Perhaps there are some helplines you could ring that could give you advice on which course of action to take?

Sorry I haven't been of much help, but I think you're right in being concerned.

Edited to say, you didnt actually say how old Bob was here, as this may affect things if he is also under 16 :confused:

Bob is 21. Bill does know about the accusations yes. This is such a hard thing to deal with, I don't know if I should go to the police. I mean it's not like Bill looks 16/17 or anything, he looks about 12. Bob has been buying drinks for Bill in college time when he has lessons, and I already told him not to do that, but he just won't listen.
  • Options
    I think perhaps if you could get in contact with someone involved in the case, or the police or another professional then that would be a good idea. I know you may feel as if you are betraying Bob and Bill's trust, but from what you have seen it does appear that Bob could very likely be guilty of abusing the 12 year old, and you would feel even more guilty if he got off the charges when you had extra information that you didn't come forward with. This is not normal behaviour for a 21 year old man, it is paedophilia and if he is that way inclined then it is unlikey he will stop until someone does something to stop him. You don't want to put more young boys at risk from this type of person.
  • Options
    Why do the antics of bill and bob affect the case?

:chin:
    - I think because both the 15 year old Bill and the 12 year old cousin, are legally underage for homosexual sexual acts - so legally, it could be termed as Bob sexually abused both the 12 year old cousin and Bill.
    I seriously don't know what the hell to do

- if your friend Bill doesn't want to talk about it, there is not a lot you can do. And even though in the eyes of the law Bill couldn't have consented; that does not mean he was forced into it.

Try telling your friend Bill that if he wants to talk about anything you'll be there to listen to him and support him if he ever wanted to take it further - but I think it's his decision to make.
  • Options
    Originally posted by otter
    I think because both the 15 year old Bill and the 12 year old cousin, are legally underage for homosexual sexual acts - so legally, it could be termed as Bob sexually abused both the 12 year old cousin and Bill. .

Yes, well done. You'll note that the age of bob wasn't posted until I asked.
  • Options
    If it were me, knowing what you know, I'd get his knee caps broken. :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    If it were me, knowing what you know, I'd get his knee caps broken. :mad:

If the lass was 15 would you?

Er no, didn't think so.

Don't do anything or say anything. It really isn't worth it- if Bill is being abused I doubt they'd be so open about it, and whilst that age gap is distasteful, it proves nothing.

As for the other issue, well, wait and see.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If the lass was 15 would you?

Er no, didn't think so.

Don't do anything or say anything. It really isn't worth it- if Bill is being abused I doubt they'd be so open about it, and whilst that age gap is distasteful, it proves nothing.

As for the other issue, well, wait and see.

If he was already a suspect for messing with under age people yeah.

He's digging his own grave IMO.
  • Options
    I should have said "if Bill was a lass". My mistake.

The key word there is "suspect". It has happened before many times where kids have said someone has sexually abused them just to "teach them a lesson". I think of a case about three years ago, where three bullies said their victim had tried to rape them.

I aren't saying anything by that, except in terms of sexual crimes I wait until judgement time before supposing anything.
  • Options
    Thing is, this guy Bob kinda did it to me. Not exactly forced me into anything, but I found out just last week that a while ago when stuff happened (which I don't remember cos I was drunk) he actually heavily spiked my drink. I was not impressed.

ETA: I'd just turned 16.
  • Options
    It's still always safest to assume innocent- no embarassing backtracking afterwards.

Though, for the record, this Bob sounds like a wad of spunked on kleenex, and you'd be better off without.
  • Options
    I should have said "if Bill was a lass". My mistake.

The key word there is "suspect". It has happened before many times where kids have said someone has sexually abused them just to "teach them a lesson". I think of a case about three years ago, where three bullies said their victim had tried to rape them.

I aren't saying anything by that, except in terms of sexual crimes I wait until judgement time before supposing anything.

I knew who you meant.

But seriously, if you had been made out to have sexually abused people then wouldnt you go out your way to make sure everyone you done sexual things with was of age? I know I sure as hell would.
  • Options
    I knew who you meant.

But seriously, if you had been made out to have sexually abused people then wouldnt you go out your way to make sure everyone you done sexual things with was of age? I know I sure as hell would.

I agree. He says he just doesn't care anymore and that he's suicidal. My mum and sister take a little pity on him because he has aspurges, they think that he could have done it but not known that it was wrong. When he told me I made sure he knew it was wrong. :-\
  • Options

Aye, definitely.

He sounds dubious at best, to be quite honest, even if everything he's done is perfectly legal and above board.
  • Options
    Aye, definitely.

He sounds dubious at best, to be quite honest, even if everything he's done is perfectly legal and above board.

Well, thats why I said I'd have his knee caps broken. Sorry, I probably should have explained myself :p
  • Options
    Well, thats why I said I'd have his knee caps broken. Sorry, I probably should have explained myself :p

Heh, that's alright then;)
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Chaos,
    It sounds like you're having a really tough time at the moment and you must feel like you're faced with some really confusing and tough decisions and emotions.

It may help you to talk to someone who's experienced in dealing with this sort of thing so you might want to talk to SupportLine on 020 8554 9004. They'll be able to talk through your situation with you and help you work out what to do next.

I hope this helps some,
    *hugs*,
    CB
  • Options
    Bob has Aspergers... That's something that hasn't been mentioned and thus has a lower mental age and difficulty in social situations. As for the 12 year old... That kid made allegations against his mother saying she beat him up... Funny as the kid had no bruises on him and the mother, I know her and she's a nice lady. I seriously couldn't dream of her hurting a kid.

Also, if you don't want him to do anything to you, then stop sitting on his lap and confusing him with text messages saying "I'm lonely" and being all deep with him. You're leading him on man! Stop letting him buy you things, stop hanging out with him and cuddling him. He has difficulty with social situations and body language as it is.

As for Bill and Bob... The problem is that one of the things they tried to pressurise Bob in to saying when he was down the police station was about his sexuality. They asked him which way he swung and he said "I'm straight", they said "what the hell is that supposed to mean?" and he said "it means I like women, what else would it mean?" and they said "well, some men in same sex relationships consider themselves straight."

Don't know why the cops asked him that, but if he were to be caught with another man he'd go down for sure because that's what the police are like. I personally don't believe he is a pedophile, but then it seems in my experience that things work on statistics and not on justice. -shrug-
  • Options
    Some good sisterly advice there :yes:
  • Options
    What "Bob" did is both illegal and completely immoral. He should be locked up. Someone who sexually abuses 15-year olds should not be allowed onto the streets.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    What "Bob" did is both illegal and completely immoral. He should be locked up. Someone who sexually abuses 15-year olds should not be allowed onto the streets.

He didn't abuse anybody though
  • Options
    If he is guilty then he deserves everything he gets. Untill proven otherwise try not to have an opinion on did he/didn't he, you don't wanna go making judgments then you find out this kid was blaggin.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Bob has Aspergers... That's something that hasn't been mentioned
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    My mum and sister take a little pity on him because he has aspurges,

:rolleyes:
    Also, if you don't want him to do anything to you, then stop sitting on his lap and confusing him with text messages saying "I'm lonely" and being all deep with him. You're leading him on man! Stop letting him buy you things, stop hanging out with him and cuddling him. He has difficulty with social situations and body language as it is.

I sat on his lap once or twice, because he grabbed me and physically pulled me onto his lap, or wouldn't shut the fuck up about it till I did. I sent him one message saying I was lonely and he turned up at my house, I assure you every other message has been telling him to stop stroking my arms and having physical contact with me. I am not leading him on. He won't stop buying me things, even though I tell him not to, it's called "grooming", classic paedophile trait I'm afraid. I don't cuddle him, he grabs me or asks me for a hug 500 times till I reluctantly say yes then try to get it over with, but not before he tries to feel my arse or nibble my ear.
    Don't know why the cops asked him that, but if he were to be caught with another man he'd go down for sure because that's what the police are like. I personally don't believe he is a pedophile, but then it seems in my experience that things work on statistics and not on justice. -shrug-

If he were caught with another man who was of age they couldn't say shit. He could say he's gay, he could say he has a boyfriend and they couldn't use that as bias because it's HOMOPHOBIC, something the police are trying to stop. You have this warped view of the police, because you meet one bad police man every now and then? Get over the fact that the police can in fact help, and that people who go down are 99% of the time in fact guilty.
  • Options

I must apologise for this comment. My sense of anger got ahead of the reality here, and I can't apologise enough for my reckless comment. Sorry.
  • Options
    I must apologise for this comment. My sense of anger got ahead of the reality here, and I can't apologise enough for my reckless comment. Sorry.

I agree with you. And because Bill is illegal it is concidered sexual abuse, though Bill wanted it, so in Bob and Bill's eyes it was not.
  • Options
    There's nothing funnier than watching brother and sister having a bicker.

Sorry, carry on.
  • Options
    Do you have popcorn kermit? That always helps, you chuck it at one and blame the other, keeps things heated.
  • Options
    He won't stop buying me things, even though I tell him not to, it's called "grooming", classic paedophile trait

Actually he bought me a tobacco tin back from Cardiff... Oooh dear he's trying to groom me! :eek:

If you don't like somebody you don't hang around with them or text them. You cut them off, stop being a pussy.
    If he were caught with another man who was of age they couldn't say shit. He could say he's gay, he could say he has a boyfriend and they couldn't use that as bias because it's HOMOPHOBIC, something the police are trying to stop.

He told the police he was straight and yes there is homophobia in the Wrexham police force. They asked him if he was gay, that's illegal... as is invading somebody's personal space. It's all about knowing boundaries. I know other people who've experienced homophobia from the local police.
    You have this warped view of the police, because you meet one bad police man every now and then? Get over the fact that the police can in fact help, and that people who go down are 99% of the time in fact guilty.

First time I've heard you say this, you're usually bitching about them because they didn't help when you were robbed. Or when Shaggy was attacked by a hammer, or when I was attacked as a child, or when my friend was raped...

The whole pedophile idea gets outta hand. A group of people who live a naturist lifestyle were done because they photographed the family and there just happened to be naked children in the photo.

I don't dislike the police, but the matter is that their behaviour in the interview was illegal. They had no right to ask his sexuality and act the way they did. If he was caught with another guy of any age it would only prove that he was lying in an interview and would thus go against him.

For the record Aspergers is difficult, heck, I don't understand it 100%. But one of the symptoms is a social dyslexia and behavioural problems. Sure he's attracted to men, but it doesn't make him attracted to children. He knows it's wrong to ever touch a child in that way and even if he did ciddle him, or have him on his lap it doesn't mean he was getting off on it (talkin about the little guy now, who he was accused of molestering).

And again... this kid made those allegations about Bob made similar allegations about his mother. He said she beat him up, yet didn't have any bruises. It is a difficult case, but I've known Bob for years and he's always been open about his sexuality to me and about what's happening. The thing is he doesn't lie, he's horribly honest all the time. In fact I don't think it's in his mentality to lie.