Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

icey - bringing happiness to the board since erm..now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought it be about time someone brought a bit of happiness to these boards so guess what, im engaged!!
Ok so its quite sudden as we've only been together nearly 3 months but it just feels right. my girl bought up the topic by mentioning she'd seen this engagement ring she liked, we talked and agreed that we both want to spend the rest of our lives together. yay! :D
Anyone else got any happiness to add to this thread?

Comments

• Options
    congratulations.:thumb:

I guess the closest I've got is that one of my best friends and her family have offered me a room at their house for half of my christmas break so I don't have to be at home for all of it.
  • Options
    Wow. Not even three months.

What about all these threads you made earlier about her not wanting to be with you/confusion whether you're good enough for her etc.

Sorry, but I saw lots of really conscientious threads from you, and this doesn't seem a wise decision. Working at it for maybe 6 months and more then aye, that's a good foundation to see if the two of you can work through thick and thin. But you're still in the honeymoon period, where you're still getting to know stuff.

Also, it might just be that she fancies an expensive ring off you regardless if she has intentions of being married or not.

Madness.
  • Options
    Trust someone to step in and ruin the fun. And who on Earth calls themselves 1983 of all things? Well done, I say. I'm single myself and I'd love to get married one day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Trust someone to step in and ruin the fun. And who on Earth calls themselves 1983 of all things? Well done, I say. I'm single myself and I'd love to get married one day.

Oh shut up newbie. You're here not even a month. Your views don't really matter.

1983 is a spectacular name. Plus, I'm not disputing being married is a grand thing. It is. But I don't agree with three months being a substantial amount of time to decide that that's person who you want to share all your flaws/life altering decisions with.

I'm not ruining the fun; if he's happy as larry it's only adding to the whole elation of being with someone who's as daft as him for getting engaged so early. Won't last.

If you re-read through his posts his girlfriend was really to and fro with their relationship. There was plenty ups and downs from what I read. He was really indecisive most of the time.

Three months? Come on. You're JUST getting settled then, not getting engaged.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Oh shut up newbie. You're here not even a month. Your views don't really matter. 1983 is a spectacular name. I'm not ruining the fun; if he's happy as larry it's only adding to the whole elation of being with someone who's as daft as him for getting engaged so early. Won't last.

Oh shut up, you cynical little ******* *****.
  • Options
    wow, look at that. stars.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 might like to know I am being polite to the Scottish ******* ****** above.
  • Options
    Nope I don't care.
  • Options
    1983 appears to have gone quiet. Must be hiding behind the sofa now, scared of me. And fiend_85, who is lovely. :nervous:
  • Options
    Oh shut up, you cynical little ******* *****.

Oh, that's me told.

Trust me, I ain't gonna be the only one who thinks this.

Read these threads he made - all these worries about a relationship and not even three months in.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67307

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67221

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66759

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67773

That sound like a good basis for a marriage?
  • Options
    1983 appears to have gone quiet. Must be hiding behind the sofa now, scared of me. And fiend_85, who is lovely. :nervous:

Ayyyyyyye.

I was searching through his posts to prove my point, thanks.

But I know I'm right and not a ************************** whatever the hell that was. But you, mate, are a PLANK. Yes.

And ********************* to you too. See, I can be just as HARD.
  • Options
    1983, I take it all back. You ARE right. Sorry for doubting you, just had to make sure I got the facts right. Will the engagement last? Here's my opinion: :no:
  • Options
    1983, I take it all back. You ARE right. Sorry for doubting you, just had to make sure I got the facts right. Will the engagement last? Here's my opinion: :no:

No bother, petal.
  • Options
    Petal? Erm, Miss 1983, I happen to be a man. My real name's Danny.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: my god, how are you able to use a technical bit of equipment like a doorknob, let alone a computer.
  • Options
    Imagine the jokes you could make with the previous post...
  • Options

thanks for the support from both of you :rolleyes:. you may be right you may not. most of my other posts about this relationship have just been about my paranoia really and im pretty much done with that now. If it doesnt last then it doesnt last. time will tell and she wont be getting the ring for a while yet anyway as the purse strings are rather tight at the moment having just quit my job.
    Its more of a commitment to each other really and its made me happy that she feels strongly enough anout me to want to spend the rest of her life with me. Be happy for us or not i dont particually care to be honest i just thought the relationship board looks pretty depressing these days so i'd brighten it up with a bit of my good news.
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    Be happy for us or not i dont particually care to be honest i just thought the relationship board looks pretty depressing these days so i'd brighten it up with a bit of my good news.

If you think three months is long enough for you to get engaged, then it's fine. You know more about it all than we do, folks posts on here are only a tiny snapshot of their complete mindset, and you know what you feel. Some folk on here think they know better than anyone.

If it turns out to be a mistake, then you'll deal with it, and learn from it.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    congrats dude!my friend has just got engaged to her bf of 5 months - ahh so much love in the air! yey!

xx
  • Options
    I wish I was in love. I hate being alone and miserable all the time! Depression doesn't help matters for me, though.
  • Options
    Depression doesn't help matters for me, though.

And? You sren't the only depressed person, y'know.

We got engaged after (just under) six months, sometimes it is right. Though I am dubious about people who get engaged so soon.
  • Options
    Kermit, sorry for my selfishness. :( :crying:
  • Options
    Kermit, sorry for my selfishness. :( :crying:

I wasn't being nasty (I hope) just...gah. Lots of people on here are depressed, it's not something that makes you unique.

Love will come when you're least expecting it, it always does. Love for me came when I'd pretty much given up on life...
  • Options
    I had a moment a few days when I almost gave up on life. I can only hope that love does come soon! It did - from this site, of all places. I posted a thread on the Health section and people have been very kind to me. I believe you, Kermit, were one of the respondents. Thank you very much for that! :)
  • Options
    I had a moment a few days when I almost gave up on life. I can only hope that love does come soon! It did - from this site, of all places. I posted a thread on the Health section and people have been very kind to me. I believe you, Kermit, were one of the respondents. Thank you very much for that! :)

It sounds awfully trite, but this place kept me alive way back in summer 2001. It honestly did, and it's where I met the delicious GWST.

This place is of great help, as it's a foothold. It's not real life, but what is real these days?
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Wow. Not even three months.

My friend got engaged within 3 weeks of meeting his spouse .. of course they're now married 2 years but always seem to be bickering when I see them
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    My friend got engaged within 3 weeks of meeting his spouse .. of course they're now married 2 years but always seem to be bickering when I see them

They probably have quite a strong relationship then- we bicker all the time, apparently. Though I don't see it myself...