Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how long should you leave

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my ex girlfriend catherine, was dumped yesterday by her bf phil. We've sortve had a crappy friendship because im still in love with her and we've talked but not much. How long should I leave it before I drop to my knees and beg for her to take me back?

Comments

• Options
    If you say something now you're catching her at a vunerable time. it's called rebound don't invite it. You never know, you might get lucky in the future.
  • Options
    her mate asked her if shed ever go out with me again, i didnt ask her to btw, and she didnt say no but did say "i dont wanna go out with anyone right now" so im gonna play the friend card and sortve try to remind her, just by being me, why she loved me in the first place, then hopefully ill take her to her formal or to a gig or even the cinema and if i "accidently" rub my hand against hers and if she doesnt pull away i could sortve continue with the effort, should i go with loadsa friends first so she doesnt feel threatened?
  • Options
    Support her & be her shoulder to cry on.

Keep your feels towards her under wraps for the time being.
  • Options
    MY GOD!!! Dave..do you ever listen to me?
  • Options
    My advice to you would be to get over it. She doesn't want to go out with you and you are clutching at straws as far as I can tell. The fact that she went out with someone else and is heartbroken by it means that she doesn't love you anymore and doesn't want to go out with you. Move on with your life. By all means, be friends, but stop harbouring this desire to get back with her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    My advice to you would be to get over it. She doesn't want to go out with you and you are clutching at straws as far as I can tell. The fact that she went out with someone else and is heartbroken by it means that she doesn't love you anymore and doesn't want to go out with you. Move on with your life. By all means, be friends, but stop harbouring this desire to get back with her.

Harsh but fair.

If she wanted you back she'd let you know. She hasn't, so she doesn't.

So, to answer your question: leave it a lifetime, and move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    MY GOD!!! Dave..do you ever listen to me?
    i posted this b4 i asked u silly. besides we argued i cut my wrists , met sum1 else.....possibly...and now i dont care if she loves me or not.