Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

problems flirting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
seriously i just cant flirt with anyone, its getting quite bad now, so emtionally detached from life...

its normally the reason why i dont ge tpast mates stage with a girl, cause i dont make a move quick enough

when i have got past it, its only cause the girls really confident herself and if shes really flirting i can sort of reciprocate it, but sometimes i still cant then, even if i want her

i swear i suffer from aspergers cause i display all main symtoms :( cant even do small talk with anyone

any advice or anyone suffer from this?

Comments

• Options
    I am in the same thing as you. Can't get past "mates stage"...

Actually, i am too good at making friends with girls i like. When they are like "just wanna stay good friends" or "let's not spoil what we have", i feel like crying. Not quite an advice, huh? :)
  • Options
    Don't let this thread die!

Give us some advice!

Down with the categoric imperative!
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    You might want to take a look at this section of TheSite.org. I'm sure you'll find some useful info and tips in there.

CB
  • Options
    ah the thing is i know this stuff, but with girls i know, its jsut the case im completly incapable of flirting, and if they find out i like them, theyre normally suprised, its that bad!

i jst cant flirt cause naturally im jsut emotionlly detached it seems
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    ah the thing is i know this stuff, but with girls i know, its jsut the case im completly incapable of flirting, and if they find out i like them, theyre normally suprised, its that bad!

i jst cant flirt cause naturally im jsut emotionlly detached it seems

Well you got a pretty hot look girl with her arms around you on FaceParty .. so you must be good at soemthing :)
  • Options
    I like guys to be forward with me. Not as in an arrogant way. But more or less, being straight with me from the start.

Though don't be heavy on them.
    If ya like a girl, just be straight with her there and then.

Charm a girl, tell her what you like about her, so long as it doesn't go along the lines if... 'You got great boobs' :-/

Tell her, she's funny, if ya think so, or smart, or even comment on how pretty you thinks she is. Then start talking about how you'd like to see her again. etc. etc.
  • Options
    a good mate of mine has aspergers... I think it's hard to diagnose.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Well you got a pretty hot look girl with her arms around you on FaceParty .. so you must be good at soemthing :)

she just my mate, kind but a bit dippy :D shes loves her 30yr old men :s
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    I like guys to be forward with me. Not as in an arrogant way. But more or less, being straight with me from the start.

Charm a girl, tell her what you like about her, so long as it doesn't go along the lines if... 'You got great boobs' :-/

Tell her, she's funny, if ya think so, or smart, or even comment on how pretty you thinks she is. Then start talking about how you'd like to see her again. etc. etc.

yeh its annoying cause i know that :( even if i tell a girl i like her, im so erm plain bout it, its like really strange

but overall yeh its quite good advice thanks, my problems just involve implementing it
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    she just my mate, kind but a bit dippy :D shes loves her 30yr old men :s

Yeah Women often like more mature men, feel free to send her my number :D

Failing that doing Salsa Dancing Event on 7th October in London - :p

Flirting can come more naturally with some girls then others, I used to work with one girl and we just have a naturel connection somehow to flirt but kinda wind her up too for fun ... The other womeninthe office reckoned we'd get married one day but we didn't .. LOL

Waitresses are easy to tease, soemoen I know went for a meal at Pizza Hut and now married ot the watriess that served him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind

Hmm... I like ur advice :) However, what if i don't get to like a girl "like that" from the beginning? And then when i get to really know here, i look around, and we are best mates, and i can't flirt with her?
  • Options
    Don't flirt with her. Only do that, if ya wanna have some harmless fun, which you know will never lead you anywhere.

If she's a mate, just be straight with her and say that love being with her and would like to take her out. Showing her you are actually wanting more than just friendship.

I know it's hard to work up the courage to just spit it out. But you either put it out in the open or you will just be living on 'What Ifs'.
  • Options
    But you either put it out in the open or you will just be living on 'What Ifs'.

Yeah, i just hate that. In the end i told her, but was too deep in a friendship, and she wanted to stay friends. So the summary would be:

1. Live on what ifs for 2 years, being constantly depressed
    2. Give up and achieve nothing

What a waste of time that was! :(
  • Options
    Obviously she values your friendship too much. That really something you would want to risk losing?!

Learn from your mistakes. I've had me moments, were I drop hints instead of spitting it out. It happens. Just try next time not to put it off too much. Ya like her; tell her. :)
  • Options
    That really something you would want to risk losing?!

No! But it's even harder for me to be a friend now than it was when i didn't like her in that way. Do you need a friend that makes awkward silences, not because he wants to, but because he really likes you? Wouldn't you be a little uncomfortable? That's not really friendship. I like her too much to just forget about her, but i am trying to all the time. I just hate that...

Edited to change all the "u" with "you"
  • Options
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    That's not really friendship.

If she aint really a friend, then maybe it's time for you to take a step back. Why keep reminding yourself you can't be with her by being in her company and having to suffer with awkward silences?!

I have been there, were I met a guy and first friendship, he wanted to be with me, but all I wanted was his friendship; then as he got involved with someone else it dawned on me I actually liked him more than I thought BUT I lost my opportunity.

Just remember the next time your meet a girl you like, don't beat about the bush. Tell her what you like about her and ask her if she would like to go out with ya sometime. :)
  • Options
    I don't want to lose her "any more", meaning i'd really like to at least stay friends with her, i just find it really hard. I'm already trying not to think about her that much...
  • Options
    Is why I advise you to take time out from her. Not saying, stay away for good.

It's really hard, but unfortunately you gotta move on from her. You will except it eventually, especially if you put yourself out in the open in looking for someone else.
  • Options
    I guess you are right. I just feel sorry about it.

Thank you for advice, you really really helped me :) And i mean it.
  • Options
    Aww... no probs hun. Least I know I'm useful for something ;)

Xxx
  • Options
    Oh, and sorry for hijacking the thread...
  • Options
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    I am in the same thing as you. Can't get past "mates stage"...

Actually, i am too good at making friends with girls i like. When they are like "just wanna stay good friends" or "let's not spoil what we have", i feel like crying. Not quite an advice, huh? :)

Probably you're being too nice to them.