Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

being shy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Chelle, I don't know how, but you really must get over the hang ups about your body. You've posted pictures of yourself on here before, and in your avatars. Pictures of you in a bikini, and knickers, if my memory serves me right. You look fine. Slim, curvy, shapely, sexy! OK, they're small photos, and don't show every little blemish, but I can assure you that that's all they are, little blemishes. Everybody's got a few stretch marks somewhere. And everybody gets the odd spot/s and rash every now and again. It's just one of those things.

One day, hopefully soon, you'll realize that.
    One day, many years from now, you will look back at photos of yourself, and realize how truly beautiful you are, and how insignificant minor blemishes are. You'll realize that your thighs weren't fat, and that to some people they were your best feature. You're a girl for Christ's sake! You're supposed to have fatty deposits on your thighs, it's natural, it's what gives you shape, and curves, and what makes us blokes drool.

As for telling him what you want. Maybe something to loosen your inhibitions and tongue would help. I'm not a great advocate of alcohol, but a couple of drinks before having a chat may well help. Note: I say a couple of drinks, not half a bottle of vodka! Hopefully by the time those couple of drinks have worn off you'll be talking about anything and everything that you sexually desire, and all will be fine.
    Do you find you have problems saying the words themselves? I'll bet you don't have any problems swearing? It's just that you have to use the words a bit more creatively. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    ... You're a girl for Christ's sake! You're supposed to have fatty deposits on your thighs ....

If I'm ever at the top of a bridge debating on whether to jump or not I hope they don't send you to talk me down :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Chelle, you're so sweet and no one on here wants to see you get hurt but I think you just answered your own question....

I never tried to suggest you were only trying to sleep with this guy to get him to care for you. Far from it.

You said it yourself ... You DON'T love this guy...

I think the reason you are shy in bed with him is because you're with a guy you don't love .. I'm sure if you were with a guy you truly loved and cared about you'd be able find yourself far less shy.

this is the last time im saying it, stop making these assumptions about me.
    i dont love him no, i care about him alot and i feel comfortable with him. if i loved him i would still be this shy its nothin to do with that. and i dont know why u cant seem to accept it

i just dont like my body and dont want to go for it and do somethign wrong. as simple as that
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    One day, hopefully soon, you'll realize that.
    One day, many years from now, you will look back at photos of yourself, and realize how truly beautiful you are, and how insignificant minor blemishes are. You'll realize that your thighs weren't fat, and that to some people they were your best feature. You're a girl for Christ's sake! You're supposed to have fatty deposits on your thighs, it's natural, it's what gives you shape, and curves, and what makes us blokes drool.

thank u, you've actually made me feel better about myself by writin that.
    we've talked about it and its not that i have trouble with the words, its just i dont really know what i want to be saying exactly.
    things have all changed now, so hopefully it'll get better :)
  • Options
    The others are giving great advice, but here's some links you could also check:

sex and self esteem

sex with your vest on

;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i just dont like my body and dont want to go for it and do somethign wrong. as simple as that

Well save up for cosmetic surgery,go down the gym or get over it ..

If you're offering a guy sex on a plate do you think he really cares
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    Originally posted by JustWondering
    Well save up for cosmetic surgery,go down the gym or get over it ..

If you're offering a guy sex on a plate do you think he really cares

How charming.

Next time you're thjinking of making a helpful and intelligent comment, go and play with the traffic instead.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    i dont love him no, i care about him alot and i feel comfortable with him. if i loved him i would still be this shy its nothin to do with that. and i dont know why u cant seem to accept it

In many cases love and trust are inexorably linked, and no matter how much you like and trust somebody, the only real trust can be if you love somebody.

Sex, and being naked in front of another person, is an extremely intimate thing, and for some people they can only reach this level of intimacy by being in love with their partner.

DG isn't being unreasonable in pointing this out, there's no need to shout.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    Originally posted by Kermit
    How charming.

Next time you're thjinking of making a helpful and intelligent comment, go and play with the traffic instead.

Hey I was just trying to show the original poster how closed minded she is being .. like you said the other guy took the time and trouble to offer some really good advice NOT based on assumptions but on the information she's given and she just threw it in his face!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    In many cases love and trust are inexorably linked, and no matter how much you like and trust somebody, the only real trust can be if you love somebody.

Sex, and being naked in front of another person, is an extremely intimate thing, and for some people they can only reach this level of intimacy by being in love with their partner.

DG isn't being unreasonable in pointing this out, there's no need to shout.

sorry i wasnt shouting. and as u said some people. and i'd said thats not how it is with me and he still kept on,
    i just really pisses me off wen people dont listen to wat im actually saying
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    Originally posted by JustWondering
    Hey I was just trying to show the original poster how closed minded she is being .. like you said the other guy took the time and trouble to offer some really good advice NOT based on assumptions but on the information she's given and she just threw it in his face!!

i didnt throw it back in his face. i just told him he was wrong and he kept on.

and im not being close minded. im not offering it to him on the plate. i wouldnt ever be so pathetic as to get cosmetic surgery and i am going to the gym
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    The others are giving great advice, but here's some links you could also check:

sex and self esteem

sex with your vest on

;)

thank you, they were helpful :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    sorry i wasnt shouting. and as u said some people. and i'd said thats not how it is with me and he still kept on,
    i just really pisses me off wen people dont listen to wat im actually saying

Although it should be noted that if you don't love him, you don't know what it would be like if you did love him. Innit.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    i didnt throw it back in his face. i just told him he was wrong and he kept on.

and im not being close minded. im not offering it to him on the plate. i wouldnt ever be so pathetic as to get cosmetic surgery and i am going to the gym

When you post a question in an open forum the advice peole give back in their replies isn't just for YOU .. it's also for people in a similar situation

If you go out of your way to attack one person who I think only posted his advice twice then it probabaly means he hit a nerve and was right in the first place.

If your legs are something you don't like then I assume you also don't wear bathing outfits that show them off or short skirts or even shorts? If so then your post has little to do with sex.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: being shy
    Although it should be noted that if you don't love him, you don't know what it would be like if you did love him. Innit.

EXACTLY
  • Options
    i came and asked if anyone had tips on how to get over my shyness.

i didnt want a lecture, i just wanted some advice.

i dont love him.
    i dont wear things which show off my body. that doesnt mean my thread isnt about sex. because it is.
  • Options

i dont love him.
    i dont wear things which show off my body. that doesnt mean my thread isnt about sex. because it is.

Well judging from your Av you have a webcam so why not try flirting and maybe even showing off your bits on webcam, then maybe you be less insecure about doing it when there's a guy in the same room rather then on the other end of the PC - you don't even have to show your face on some sites so no one will ever know it's you.

But strong word of advice .. don't snap at people who try to help you ... or it won't be long before you find your friends going out on a weekend and find they don't want to ask you to come along ...
  • Options

And you got advice, advice on what could possibly cause it.

All both DG and I said was that body hang-ups are less of an issue for a lot of people when their partner is someone they love dearly.

It might not apply to you, but it is still a valid point.

Nobody is saying that you are wrong for not loving him, it is just one reason of many. Especially as it is hard to have a full and fulfilling sex life if you don't trust your partner enough to be naked with them.
  • Options
    ... it is hard to have a full and fulfilling sex life if you don't trust your partner enough to be naked with them.

Very True Kermit ... Not quite sex, but dancing with a partner has many similarities.

Last night I went Salsa dancing for the very first time and in my beginners part of the class there was 5 of us 3 guys and 2 girls so the instructor pulled out from the sideline some very experience salsa dancer to even up the numbers.

Anyway the first girl I had was great we made a few mistakes but we just smiled and laughed it off, the 2nd girl was a nightmare and kept resisting my lead and wanting to go off in her own direction and the third girl who was the expert dancer and obviously most experienced I thought would be the most easiest to dance with but turned out to be the hardest of the three!!

Luckily they swapped us again and I got back my first dance partner who was also a total beginner and things just fitted into place perfectly.