Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lack of communication

how, in the nicest way possible, do i hint to my bf that if he doesn't make more of an effort in our relationship by contacting me (occasionally/ever) we're gonna be over soon enough.. not that i want this to happen, just kinda want him to take me more seriously.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont hint that will just confuse.....you gotta be blunt and spit it out.
    No good beating around the bush, be nice about it but be totally honest as well.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Don't be subtle. Tell him.

Swank, that isn't very relevant. If one partner isn't making an effort then there's problems.
  • Options
    It's true. You've just gotta get to the point when it comes to things like this. He may not think that there's a problem until you tell him that there is. Then it's up to him whether he sorts it out or not
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I say don't tell him. Just stop calling him. Let him wonder where you are. See if he starts calling you then.
  • Options
    i got round to mentionin it to him. didn't really help, now i know he doesn't want a proper relationship cus of uni. whether or not i can stay wiv him knowin this is a whole other thing tho
  • Options
    Originally posted by Janjan
    i got round to mentionin it to him. didn't really help, now i know he doesn't want a proper relationship cus of uni. whether or not i can stay wiv him knowin this is a whole other thing tho

sorry to be blunt, but if he doesnt want a proper relationship due to uni, etc, and you say the relationship wont last much longer anyways if he doesnt make more of an effort (which i dont think he will, as he says he doesnt want a relationship), why dont you end it??? it'll enable you (and him) to move on+he may realise what he's lost :confused:?
    SBG