Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Silent Treatment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else find that if you give your honest answer to a question but it doesn't agree with the answer your partner was wanting to hear. Then they go off in a huff & don't talk to you?

Say if a woman asked

'Would you like to have children with me?'

& the man said 'maybe' but what the woman was expecting to here was 'yes, lets get cracking on the making babies'

Then she gives you the silent treatment cause the man has supposed done something really wrong. When all the man has done is honestly answer the question the woman asked.

Could it be a case of if you can't handle the potential answers to a question then don't ask it in the first place?

<br><marquee align="center" loop="infinte"><font color="666666">.:</font><font color="ff6600">Crispy</font><font color="666666">:.</font></marquee><br></font>

Comments

• Options
    Yes.. i find it annoying.. this is why i find females confusing.. you give them an honest answer which they ask for and they huff and puff and moan.. no wonder so many guys lie.. it's the womens fault
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Silent Treatment
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Does anyone else find that if you give your honest answer to a question but it doesn't agree with the answer your partner was wanting to hear. Then they go off in a huff & don't talk to you?

Say if a woman asked

'Would you like to have children with me?'

& the man said 'maybe' but what the woman was expecting to here was 'yes, lets get cracking on the making babies'

Then she gives you the silent treatment cause the man has supposed done something really wrong. When all the man has done is honestly answer the question the woman asked.

Could it be a case of if you can't handle the potential answers to a question then don't ask it in the first place?

not all girls are like that though. im not. its a very immature response to be honest.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Silent Treatment
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    not all girls are like that though. im not. its a very immature response to be honest.

same.

if he really hurt me, i'd probably ignore him for a bit, but that's more because i hate confrontation.

sulking just because he didn't tell her he was gonna have her babies THAT INSTANT?

kinda pathetic, and very immature.
  • Options
    i get this all the time, i dont see the point in lying so stuff him if he doesnt like the truth

whereas when i ask him things he lies anyway
  • Options
    Believe me it's not just women. Some women ask inane crap questions like that but so do some men. I usually give normal polite honest answers and if they sulk then sod them. You did the right thing by saying the honest answer. If they can't accept honesty then they shouldn't ask the question.

*shudders* urgh babies how many times have i fallen out with people over the marriage/babies debate.
  • Options
    Just on a tiny tangent, by far the best way to deal with someone who is sulking and giving you the silent treatment is to pretend you haven't noticed, remain disgustingly cheerful and carry on an normal. They're like toddlers having tantrums, they want attention, they want you to beg, plead and cajole. Once they realise you're not biting watch how quickly the picture changes!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Once they realise you're not biting watch how quickly the picture changes!

That's what i'm doing now i'm not going to loose sleep over such a tiny weeny little thing. She'll contact me when's she's ready.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Just on a tiny tangent, by far the best way to deal with someone who is sulking and giving you the silent treatment is to pretend you haven't noticed, remain disgustingly cheerful and carry on an normal. They're like toddlers having tantrums, they want attention, they want you to beg, plead and cajole. Once they realise you're not biting watch how quickly the picture changes!

yeah that's a good thing, because sometime I find if my girlfriend is sulking about something (like stuff with family or friends) she will say I'm in a mood if I'm quiet, keeping my distance!

It's hard to be cheerful and cracks jokes when someone is just there, arms folded with a face as long as horse :)

(my gf doesn't look like horse by the way!:lol: )