Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bit of a silly question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an appointment at the doctors tomorrow-for lady problems

this may involve my doctor inserting things into my hole

Im slightly embarressed by the fact that i shave all off down below, should i be? I dont want her to think that ive done it just for the occasion if you know what i mean, because i have done it for ages

Comments

• Options
    I really wouldn't worry. Doctors see all sorts- he/she might apprieciate a clearer view (sorry to be quite so blunt). Also waxing isn't a big industry for nothing - you are definately not the only one out there. Remember you can always request a doctor or nurse you feel more comfortable with if you know the practice.
  • Options
    my last smear test I was mostly shaved, same as when i got my coil fitted.Neither doctor batted an eyelid.
    They never used to bat an eyelid the times when I didnt shave either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    my last smear test I was mostly shaved, same as when i got my coil fitted.Neither doctor batted an eyelid.
    They never used to bat an eyelid the times when I didnt shave either.

coil COIL!! i started a tread about this. What is it like? as this is what i may be having fitted tomorrow :o
  • Options
    it hurts a little bit to get it put in, but its over quickly. I found I was a bit tender for a fewdays after, but nothing to write home about, and thats only to be expected I guess. Been fine ever since, and ive had it in a couple of months now. Definitely worth it as I dont have to worry about it now for 3 years
    This is the second time ive had one.
    What type are you getting? The mirena or the copper coil?
    Ive got the copper one, as I dont like my hormones messed with, but ive had the mirena before too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    it hurts a little bit to get it put in, but its over quickly. I found I was a bit tender for a fewdays after, but nothing to write home about, and thats only to be expected I guess. Been fine ever since, and ive had it in a couple of months now. Definitely worth it as I dont have to worry about it now for 3 years
    This is the second time ive had one.
    What type are you getting? The mirena or the copper coil?
    Ive got the copper one, as I dont like my hormones messed with, but ive had the mirena before too.

i think im going on the one with hormones

does it stop periods? because this is the reason i need to go on it ( i wont go into detail but i may be getting it as a form of treatment)

do u reckon it would hurt alot for me because i havent had children and ive never had a smear?
  • Options
    I've got the one with hormones and i love it muchly. Only it hurt like a biatch to have put in :( But don't let it put you off because it's SO worth it! It helps if you've had children, i think - makes the cervix easier to open. And the smear thing doesn't make much difference.

But if you do decide to get it done, take ibuprofen beforehand.
  • Options
    The hormonal one will reduce periods. Its brilliant for that. I didnt want the hormonal one this time though as it made me put on weight, but im sure it doesnt for everyone. When I had mine the first time, Id never had children, it shouldnt make much difference.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    For more info about IUDs and the IUS look here.

Oh and I hope it went well at the doctors.

CB