Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

forgotten

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I broke up with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago :( was pretty much his idea but I agreed with him enough to let it happen.

We go to college together and I was expecting it to be a bit awkward between us when we started again this year. Things have been ok though, we still get on as mates so no problems with avoiding each other or anything like that.

The last couple of days (especially today) he's really pissed me off. He's started to flirt with all the new girls at college and it's obvious that he's got his eye on one of them. I just feel like he's forgotten what a great time we had together. I know that you need to move on but hey...not that fast. I'm quite hurt by it all.

Don't really need advice I guess...just wanted to get it off my chest

Comments

• Options
    it prolly feels strange because for the time you were with him, he wasnt (or i should hope he wasnt) flirting with other girls, and you're used to him flirting with you only

Will probably take some time to get over, potential men to flirt with may help ;)
  • Options
    I felt like that when me and my bf split up. It was really strange seeing him at school with other people and not coming over to me to give me a kiss or whatever, I spose it takes abit of getting used to, I still aint got used to it 8 months down the line.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sorry just have to say what a bastard. My gf did this to me when she broke up with me, she started sleeping with sumone 2 weeks after we finished.

It feels horrible i know, thinking is that all i meant to them? However dont rise to the bait though, your ex is most likely just trying to piss you off. Dont copy him but make it clear that it doesnt bother you(even if it does)

:)
  • Options
    yeah I'm trying not to show that it bothers me...I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that. He was always a flirt even when we were going out and usually it doesn't bother me but it's just that fact that he's doing in right under my nose and grr....it's so annoying.

I said nothing to him all today and finally he came over to ask me if I was ok...maybe he's getting the hint. I'm hoping that he'll get bored of the new girls soon and stop flirting so much. I really hope that happens cos I want us to stay good mates
  • Options
    Do you really think it's wise to hang on to even be mates with this lad? I think you may be asking a bit much here. I know you have to face him as college; but to ask for his friendship... you sure that's the best thing for you?!

I mean, do you truely want to be just his mate? Or are you still holding onto him, hoping you both will get back together one day?!

Be careful hun.

Xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Youwantromance?
    Sorry just have to say what a bastard.

It's your problem not his.

Don't forget that.
  • Options
    There's nothing to stop you flirting with other guys .. or even girls!!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Do you really think it's wise to hang on to even be mates with this lad? I think you may be asking a bit much here. I know you have to face him as college; but to ask for his friendship... you sure that's the best thing for you?!

I mean, do you truely want to be just his mate? Or are you still holding onto him, hoping you both will get back together one day?!

Be careful hun.

Xxx

I do want to be mates with him. We started to get on as friends before anything happened between us and to be honest it'd be harder to try and not be mates seen as we're on the same course and have a lot of friends in common.

I hadn't really thought of whether i was holding onto the idea that we'd get back together or not. I still fancy him but I hadn't really thought of things that way.

Kermit...I know it's my problem and not his I just wanted a little more respect (right word?) I don't like him obviously chatting girls up right under my nose to try and get with me and treating me like I don't exist.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx
    I just wanted a little more respect (right word?) I don't like him obviously chatting girls up right under my nose to try and get with me and treating me like I don't exist.

It's hard to be mates with exes because they do this to try and put some distance in the old relationship.

Avoid him for a bit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Avoid him for a bit.

Unfortunately; that is your only option.
    You need a bit of distance from him to help you get over the relationship you once had with him.
  • Options
    I'll take both of your advice and try to keep a bit of distance between us. It's obviously going to be difficult as we're doing the same course.

I think he's behaving childishly at the moment and I don't really want to go down to that level by blatantly ignoring him. I guess I'll just have to try and keep situations with both of us to a minimum for a while
  • Options
    I think he'll probably be acting out of nerves rather than trying to piss you off, maybe he misses the attention he gets from you so is trying to get it from other girls, or is trying to find out if girls will still flirt back with him.