Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uni and advice please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey ... I'm confused and wonder if I could get some advice!

I'm 26 and I about 4 months ago I split up with a girl I'd been with for over a year (we actually lived together for a bit). I've never done the casual relationship thing - was too shy as a young teenager and then got into a long-term relationship with my first girlfriend when I was 17... then was single for about 3 years when that split up. I'm about to start uni as a postgrad and I'm looking for female companionship.

But I'm not sure about a few things.

1) I've always had a higher sex-drive than I've admitted to myself and I spend some time considering diving into the partying/hooking up with girls/etc scene - but I've no clue about how to do it! (I lived a very sheltered life at uni the first time!) I guess part of me doesn't want another relationship right now ... just some fun - and I really like girls' company.

2) Another part of me does want another relationship... but I wonder about the age gap between me and many of the girls who are going to be around - in the societies I join, the bars I go to etc ... what would you think about a 26 year old going out with a first or second year student? Odd? Crazy?

Hmm, all very confusing, and any advice would be great!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    There'd be enough single postgrads to party with, y'know.

The age gap would raise a few eyebrows, and you'd have to deal with taunts of "cradle snatcher", but yeah.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    There'd be enough single postgrads to party with, y'know.

The age gap would raise a few eyebrows, and you'd have to deal with taunts of "cradle snatcher", but yeah.

Exactly what I was going to say - I didn't start university till I was 20 the first time around due to the crapness of having a september birthday and then taking a gap year and I was one of the youngest people on my course.

The same when I did my post grad at 24 so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

However the age difference between you and a 1st or 2nd year shouldn't be that large so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I am about to marry someone 6 years older than me and noone seem very bothered by it.

I would say start by going to every party you can during freshers week and see what happens.

xxx