Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thrush?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Shortly after I went on a course of antibiotics I started to get really itchy down below, so I just assumed that it was thrush, but then before I did anything about it the itching subsided and now there is lots of...white stuff on my vulva, and i'm not sure why this is.
I still get itchy occasionally, and i'm pretty sure that its not just from bad hygiene as I wash regularly down there with unperfumed soap and water etc, and this has never been a problem before.
Any ideas?...Could it be thrush?
(I don't think its an STI either as i've never had sex)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds very like thrush and that would make sense as you've been on antibiotics.

You can either get yourself to the doctor and see what they say about it or treat it as thrush.

If you've never had sex then an STI is very unlikely so presuming that it's thrush just pop down to the chemists. If it's not itching then you can probably just get a tablet such as canesten once and that should clear it up straight away. If not go and see your doctor