Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Was it just a Fling?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me stomach is in knots as I'm trying to write this post so please be patient with me and I'll try and make this as short as possible.

Met a guy on Saturday night, as he's my mates' Boyfriends' brother. (That makes sense to ya, right?) Oh, another thing; he lives in Londonderry. I'm from Belfast but was up to see my mate as I don't see her that often. Well we hit it off at the pub and I ended up going back to his place were you can imagine what that lead to. Next morning we were both hungover; as we did have one too many the night before. But he was still a sweetie. Cuddling me, asking if I was ok, made me breakfast. All that crap. Then I had to get back to my mates as I had to get showered and changed before I got me bus back home.

Me being me; I missed it. He originally offered to take me home but I didn't want to put him out so I said he was ok. Obviously I had no choice after missing me bus so asked him to give me lift back and I'll give him money for petrol. He agreed. Great!

My mate and her boyfriend ended up taggin along to keep him company going back. Went to cinema as we were all in Belfast. Whole fricking time was uncomfortable. We spoke like a couple of times. Said GoodBye as the night ended. I still didn't have the guts to ask him if he wanted to see me again so I left it.

Mate sent me text asking if I had a good time and hope for me to come down again. I replied saying cheers for looking after me and ask if she could offer me number to Greg (That's his name) if he wants it.

No reply!!!! Me thinks it's cause he refused or something and that's why she replied as she probably didn't know what to say. Ya know?!

What you think??!!
Please don't fill me with hope just for the sake of being nice. Tell me the truth what you think. Even if it's not what I wanna hear.

Comments

• Options
    I'd try not to assume the worst! There may well be a reason why she hasn't replied, maybe she's surprised that you're obviously interested in him.
  • Options
    You should have asked him for his number, it would have kept the situation a lot more clear. Working through third parties is never very clever, as it always looks a bit desperate, pathetic or half-arsed.

Get his number from her, and get in contact with him yourself. Although if he wasn't too forthcoming with details about himself then don't get your hopes up too high.

I hope it was enjoyable;)
  • Options
    I agree with Kermit.
    If you can get him number then give him a ring and ask him what he thinks/wants. It's the only way that you'll get a clear cut answer.

Maybe it was just a fling (it sounds a lot like it) but if you really like him then it's atleast worth getting his number and finding out.

Good luck
  • Options
    Well it does take me mate a while to reply. But still doesn't look good ya know. I mean if she did offer him my number and he accepted; he woul dhave phoned/text me by now.

Aye probably was a typical one night stand.

And kermit hun, It was indeed enjoyable :p
  • Options
    If I was in your mates situation and had asked the lad for his number to give to you and he'd said no, I would've told you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    If I was in your mates situation and had asked the lad for his number to give to you and he'd said no, I would've told you.

Well I asked her to offer him my number as I wanted to give him the choice to get in contact making it clear I wanted him to. Didn't want to sufficate the lad in thinking he had no choice if I got his number of someone else and phoned/text him.

But yea I get what Ya mean :)