Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weight Gain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 5'2" & 8st so my BMI is 20.52 which is a healthy weight & ideal for my height.

I'm looking to gain some weight around by side/rib area as I maybe a good weight but my slightly visible ribs make me feel a bit underweight.

I'm the kind of person that eats all manner of rubbish but I never show by becoming a bit round around the middle. I probably exercise enough so that what i've eaten is burned off.

Any other ideas than me sitting on my arse eating rubbish & not exercising?

Like what food group is good to eat to gain weight?

Comments

• Options
    I'm 5'3" and a bit and I weigh just under 9 stone. You're making me sound fat! :p
  • Options
    You could try putting on some muscle instead of fat.

Have a looky for excercises that can build the abdomen. Cos I don't know any.
  • Options
    if you have an constitution where you find it hard to gain weight, junk food generally doesn't help. it just falls through you without touching the sides, and causing all manner of ills on it's way. even if you did gain weight this way, it would be all fat, and your heart would probably never forgive you.

best way to gain weight is eat good, wholesome, healthy food, and lots of it. meat, cheese and eggs, pasta, bread, milk, nuts, veggies, and fruit, especially stuff like avocados and bananas, which have a bit more fat, and LOADS of vitamins, minerals and generally good things.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Crispy,
    There's lots more info in this Q&A that may help you.

CB
  • Options
    Originally posted by ClaireBear
    Hiya Crispy,
    There's lots more info in this Q&A that may help you.

CB

I always forget about the vast knowledge base on the main site & think thesite is just a forum:p