Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A bit of help please.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Okay, for the past couple of years i've had a bit of an eating problem i never thought it was seriouse until last summer when i stopped eating for about 4 or 5 months. In about december things got a bit better and i decided to do weight wathcers with my mum and also i started doing yoga in classes and at home.

Things were going good until a few months ago when i started to really hate myself, it's getting that bad that i feel like hurting myself as a punishment i guess for being me. Sometimes it's like i have panick attacks if i look in the mirror at myself because all i see is something big and not what i want.

When this happens i just feel like scratching at my skin so much it bleeds trying to get rid of the fat underneath, i'm scared that i might end up doing something more seriouse than this like maybe cutting myself and i don't want it to end up like that.

I'm getting pretty scared about myself and what i could do, but i don't know what kind of help to get. If anyone has been like this i'd really appreciate some advice! thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should to talk someone that knows how do deal with this stuff, it's good that you have owned up to your self that this is a problem because the better you can understand your condition the more people can help. You should also tell a family member so they can give you support. I should think that they would understand and want to give you their support. First thing I would suggest to do is tell someone like a family member how you are feeling and then go and see a doctor. There's no shame in telling anyone either, people will be happy you can talk to them :).

Also check out,

Self Harm

Anxiety

Depression

Eating problems
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Thanks Felix, you've put up all the right articles and info.

**barbie**, if you don't feel up to confiding in a family member or a friend there's always someone to talk to. The Bristol Crisis Centre for Women is a national organistation you can call on 0117 925 1119 and you can talk through your feelings with them. There's also an organisation called SANE, they run a helpline (SANELINE: 0845 767 8000) and can offer you the emotional support and practical advice you may need.

I know you're having a really tough time at the moment, but both of those organisations will be able to offer you the help and support it sounds like you're looking for.

CB