Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Showing Affection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you show affection to your partner when in the company of others or just feel weird doing it when there are others around?

And if so what do you do differently in public compared to in private? Like hold hands, kiss of the cheek, a hug, etc?

I've seen my friend with his wife and they've only been married 2 years but they just don't seem to have any affection for each other ..

Also I have the feeling his wife picks times when I'm at their place to have a mini argument cos she knows my friend can't really get into a shouting match if I'm there.

But I don't think he's the kind to get into a major argument anyway, I think he prefers to avoid conflict.

Also what do you think of the whole affection subject?

I get the feeling more girls want their guy to rather then just jump on them every chance they get, just give them a hug, or a loving kiss, or something like that?

Comments

• Options
    i think that a hug, a little kiss, a kiss on the cheek, holding hands, walking with arms around waists... that type of stuff is okay... i think it's really cute... when i see other couples doing that i go 'awweeeee"

however.. i think making out, fondling each other, and i can't think of any other examples.. but that's completely inappropriate. not only is it inappropriate but it's rude.. and it makes other people uncomfortable...
  • Options
    Their relationship is their business. Is it really of your concern?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    Their relationship is their business. Is it really of your concern?

Why did you make a thread about whether people love their family? Is THAT really any of your concern? No, shoosh you ponce. Why the hell aren't you banned yet?

ETA - I do admit I give affection more than I recieve it. I usually pick the bad boys who've got the whole reticent, callous shield do-da going on and they tend to shy away more. But in private or when pissed they don't give a toss and they declare their undying affection pour moi.

However, my last bloke was quite into PDA especially when our mates where about. I liked that. :) I need affection whether it's public or private. I'm a touchy/loving kinda gal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Why did you make a thread about whether people love their family? Is THAT really any of your concern? No, shoosh you ponce. Why the hell aren't you banned yet?

I've done nothing to warrant a ban!
  • Options
    Me and my bloke will hold hands, maybe kiss on cheek or quick peck, nothing more. Anything more than that is just between the two of us and done without prying eyes. I, personally, hate is when couples have their hands all over eachother and are gagging on eachother tounges. Not something I need to see.
  • Options
    I'm usually a really private and cold person when out and about and in the past when blokes have tried to innitiate the PDA thing i've backed off as it didn't appeal to me. I've since come to realise it really does depend who the person is and how much you actually care for them. I respected my last bloke, liked him and was proud of him so little hugs, holding hands or gestures like stroking their arm etc. were par for the course in that relationship. Neither of us were the PDA sort of people but seemed to know where a line was with each other.

I know it sounds silly but i think it depends on what your home relationship has been when growing up as well. My mates really affectionate and hugs everyone and stuff as her family were always like that, whereas i'm crap like that. I hate hugs and feel uncomfortable with most people when they try and hug me as i never had that at home.
  • Options
    I scratch, tickle, bite... well basically playfight with people in public (I mean in a sexual way... not a friendly way)... But don't like being groped or performing/being subject to intimate touching.