Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MAP + Pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you be pregnant even after taking the MAP? Does it always work? My mate took it 2 days after the condom split, could she of got pregnant???

Comments

• Options
    Could have done, its a slim chance but you mate needs to wait till the day she's due on to tell if she is or not.
  • Options
    It is possible as the morning after pill is like 87% affective (i think, cant be arsed to look it up correctly) i had to take it last month and i started to get all panicy around my due date so i took a pregnancy test anyway but it proved that i definately werent preggers.... if her due date is 2-3days late then get her to take the test but im sure she's not....

xxxxxx aimz xxxxxxx
  • Options
    the longer you leave it between sex and taking the MAP, the less effective it is.
    After 2 days, it wont have been as effective as if she`d taken it the next morning, but hopefully`she` will still be ok.
  • Options
    If you take it in the first 12 hours it's about 90% effective, decreasing to about 75% effective after 72 hours. If it has been longer than 72 hours your friend needs to see a doctor, because the MAP is not suitable, and an IUD may need to be fitted.
  • Options
    Sorry for being dim but what's this 'MAP':confused:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    morning after pill you silly monkey
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Sorry for being dim but what's this 'MAP':confused:

.:Crispy:.

Hun you aint on your; me head was pickled there for a moment till wee Evil_Dave had to put in simple terms for me... hehe :p
  • Options
    Sorry! Should of said Morning after pill!:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Briony
    Sorry! Should of said Morning after pill!:)

Ahh don't worry about it hun - Can't help that some of us can be slow... hehe :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Ahh don't worry about it hun - Can't help that some of us can be slow... hehe :p

Cheers matey:)
  • Options
    Let us know how "your friend" (hint: don't make one thread about a "friend" and one about yourself;)) gets on:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Let us know how "your friend" (hint: don't make one thread about a "friend" and one about yourself;)) gets on:)

Havent a clue what your on about;)
  • Options
    Havent a clue what your on about;)

Nope, none at all:p

I don't care, it just mildly amused me, 'tis all.
  • Options
    Its just......... I feel so stupid, but really worried. Im an adult, not a kid no more, I should be responsible to know that if you havent any contreception, then dont have sex! Im just silly:mad: If I do get pregnant, then I cant go 'it wasnt planned' ect.... cos if you dont have contrecaption..... then your are in a way planning a baby!
  • Options
    Its just......... I feel so stupid, but really worried. Im an adult, not a kid no more, I should be responsible to know that if you havent any contreception, then dont have sex! Im just silly:mad: If I do get pregnant, then I cant go 'it wasnt planned' ect.... cos if you dont have contrecaption..... then your are in a way planning a baby!

Hopefully you won't do that again. Hope you don't end up pregnant.
  • Options
    Its just......... I feel so stupid, but really worried. Im an adult, not a kid no more, I should be responsible to know that if you havent any contreception, then dont have sex! Im just silly:mad:

Ack, shit happens. I should be stern lecturer Kermit and tell you off for it, and if any kiddies are watching at home then don't do it, but ack. Who hasn't done it, at least once? I know I have...

Take the stupid feeling and don't do it again, but don't beat yourself up about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Ack, shit happens. I should be stern lecturer Kermit and tell you off for it, and if any kiddies are watching at home then don't do it, but ack. Who hasn't done it, at least once? I know I have...

Take the stupid feeling and don't do it again, but don't beat yourself up about it.

Yeah.... I suppose. Its just this whole black cloud above me! Just thinking..... what if I am?! I've talked to my b/f, he's helpfull, but he's just 'dont worry, if your are then we'll sort it out.... later'.

Edited to say: Thanks Tweety and Kermit:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    morning after pill you silly monkey

Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Hun you aint on your; me head was pickled there for a moment till wee Evil_Dave had to put in simple terms for me... hehe :p

;)