Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cardio Vascular - Morning or Night?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi there,

i'm want to do half an hr on the cross trainer every day, when is the best tiem to do it? Before my work (e.g. 7am), or after my work - 5pm ??

Thanks for your replies,

Neil
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    well if it wakes you up then morning but if workign out makes you feel tired and sleep then at night so you get a good rest??
  • Options
    Maybe this is just me ebcause I'm not a morning person, but I find I perform much better after I've been awake for a while so I ususally run no earlier than 5pm. In the past when I've ran in the mornings, I'm just not motivated and my body feels very stiff so I can't push myself as hard as can in the evenings.

I'm sure someone will tell you about the microscopic metabolic differences based on when you exercise, but at the end of the day you'll feel much better doing it at the time that suits you.
  • Options
    when is the best tiem to do it

:chin: The best time to do it, is whenever is right for you I think morning work outs have the benefit of really waking you up, releasing endorphins, - etc. Evening workouts are good for relieving the stress of the day. Your muscles tend to be looser later in the day though. And if you exercise in the morning, before you have eaten anything, you might experience: light headedness, dizzyness and fatigue - but if you eat anything before exercising, you need to give your body time to digest the food eaten - so if you eat cereal for breakfast, you're best waiting about 1-2 hours before exercising; and you should always avoid sugary foods before exercise because your body absorbs it too quickly. - Personally, I prefer exercise later in the day :)
    - Hope that helps a bit!
  • Options
    Whatever is best for you
  • Options
    Theres fucking no chance of me getting my arse out of bed to exersise before work, so evening it has to be,
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum
    Theres fucking no chance of me getting my arse out of bed to exersise before work, so evening it has to be,

ditto!!!