Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Talking Behind Your Back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People talking behind your back is one thing we all do it about someone or another but don't it piss you off when they do it within ear shot of you.

If you're going to talk about someone shouldn't they at least have the decency to make sure they can't be overheard by the person they're talking about?

Was in the sitting room and could hear my sister bragging abut how clever she is, etc for having the bigger bedroom and a whole bunch of other crap to my aunt. Wonder how clever she'd feel if I told my aunt how my own sister waited until I went to Uni and started selling off my books, etc to her school friends and pocketing the money.

Comments

• Options
    She doesn't respect you. Just deal with it and move on.
  • Options
    I hate that too. Hate when people even deliberately choose to turn you down. I'm naturally a very calm and tolerant person, but i can snap when someone does that, or does something similar (i have a friend that just hangs up the phone when he decides to)
  • Options
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    I hate that too. Hate when people even deliberately choose to turn you down. I'm naturally a very calm and tolerant person, but i can snap when someone does that, or does something similar (i have a friend that just hangs up the phone when he decides to)

Do you mean Turn you Down or Put you Down cos they're very different things
  • Options
  • Options
    Everyone talks about people behind their backs, of course they do. I think it is human nature to discuss the problems you might be having with one person with another person, and when you both know the person it can sometimes appear to be gossip.

I don't care what people say behind my back, as I am quite aware of my many faults anyway and they still love me! I would prefer them to say it to my face though, or wait until I'm out of earshot! :)
  • Options
    I rarely slag people off behind their backs. If people do it to me I would much rather them come and say what they gotta say to my face.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I rarely slag people off behind their backs. If people do it to me I would much rather them come and say what they gotta say to my face.

im like that too.. i want people to come straight up to my face and tell me if they have beef with me.. and if i do have a problem with someone.. i do talk about it with other people behind their backs.. but i also do go up to that person directly and make a confrontation...
  • Options
    Yeah, at least then you know where you stand with each other and you don't have to go on thinking that this person is a real friend any more.