Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tired but sleep don't help,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I've recently feeling alot more tired, I sleep for hours but yet it doesn't seem to make me better, i seem to always be tired, anyone know what else it could be please?

Comments

• Options
    First of all you should consider if you are giving yourself too much sleep. You only need about 8hrs maybe 9 at the most. If you are taking more than that bizaarly that could be what is making you tired (the more sleep you have the more you need). It is also good to give your body routine so it knows what it should be doing and when. Make sure you do the stuff you need to do during the day ie get yourself out and about and go to bed at a reasonable time and this should help. Also diet can help. If you have a lot of sugar in your diet this can make you sleepy but there are foods which give you more sustainable energy.

If this doesn't work or you are already doing all these things then it may be worth talking to your doctor as it could be a sign of something else. (not quite the same but when I had glandular fever I was sleeping literally every spare minute of the day - but then I had a sore throat as well. I think it would still be worth talking to your doctor if it carries on.
  • Options
    Hellfire...you said in another post that you spend 99% of your time at home. This could be the problem.

Go out and do things, be active. The more that you sit about doing nothing the more tired that you feel, I always find this anyway. I've hardly done anything today and I'm yawning past myself. My body isn't actually physically tired, I just hasn't really woken up properly today because I havn't asked it to do anything
  • Options
    Maybe you have an iron deficiency or something.