Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a place to ask

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i soo come to england london for a visting 2 weeks with my girlfriend of 4 years. i wish to seek the best place to ask for her hand if marriage. i must do lots of prepaing for my enormous question and would care for it to be perfect for her. please could you put your writings her for me in your reply.

Comments

• Options
    Ooo my fecking hell; that's soo sweet!!
    I wish I could help ya hun; but I don't know England that well. I'm sure there's load on here that will though.

Just wanted to say 'Good Luck' :)
    Hope things go well for ya!

Xxx
  • Options
    Did you want somewhere romantic?

(Yes, I know he probably does but you never know.)
  • Options
    How bout the London Eye, overlooking the london sights?
    If it was me being proposed to, I would remember it forever.
    Good Luck! :)

Millsy_Magic
    xxx
  • Options
    one place that i think is amazingly romantic and peaceful, it has to be at night though! theres this footbridge on the south bank called the hungerford footbridge at night its blue and you can see all the river boats and the eye and stuff. the bridgle has these amazing blue lights and its really not that busy at night OR!!! even on the ex-wobbly bridge thats pretty special, i think theres something special about the thames at night! I tell you another cool place, sitting in trafalgar square again AT night! infront of one of the fountains. oh the possiblities are endless! :D im such a londoner its painfull :) you coudl be really cheesy and propose under the Eros (aka Cupid) but all the tourists will be milling around!looking lost. i cant wait till winter when they all go home. AND finally the place i think if i ever am id like to be proposed to has got to be the gardens at St James Palace!! awwww :love:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Millsy_Magic

Millsy_Magic
    xxx

I got proposed to on the London Eye!!!!

I had an audience of girl guides and my sister with me at the time though!!!!

Otherwise I would suggest a hill with a good view - either Alexander or chrystal palace - or Greenwich park (though thats a bit crowded)

Or maybe a boat going up and down the river Thames.

Or a country pub
  • Options
    trafalger square is well romantic at night i love it... it must be one of my favourate spots in the whole world, quite litterally. but it also has special memorys for me there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Millsy_Magic

Millsy_Magic
    xxx

A mate of mine was going to propose on there, but he's terrified of heights and was panicing and banging on the doors before he had a chance to pop the question.
    The guys nearly 7 ft tall and very well built, the thought of it still has me in stitches.
  • Options
    Where abouts in england are you going to?
  • Options
    I reserved 2 nights in the hotel of London of Conrad because I think that my girlfriend is the money. after that we will be at a more economical hotel for the remainding days. loves ones ideas but i that would love a picnick of midnight by a river or a lake. please recommend a nice river
  • Options
    I think a nice river would depend on where your more economical hotel is..................