Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gave it time,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I posted a thread awhile back about a girl I liked but we couldn't stay together due to her parents, anyway we started talking again today/tonight and she's said she's been starving herself and hurting herself and well..I'm worried. she said she'd end up doing this but I was hoping, well wishing she wouldn't, it seems to be bad and I am worried, what can I do, I don't have her house number no more so I can't even speak to her parents even if i could they don't like me as it is, I am worried about her as we was close and I wish we still we're, is there anything I can do, I've pleaded with her to stop this and I've told her I'm here for her no matter what, although it's hard for us to talk.

Comments

• Options
    all you can do is be there for her - you cannot force her to eat or stop her from harming herself.

slightly off topic and probably the wrong place to ask but why do you always put a , at the end of your topic title?
  • Options
    force of habbit and thanks lucifer
  • Options
    Re: Gave it time,
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I posted a thread awhile back about a girl I liked but we couldn't stay together due to her parents, anyway we started talking again today/tonight and she's said she's been starving herself and hurting herself and well..I'm worried. she said she'd end up doing this but I was hoping, well wishing she wouldn't, it seems to be bad and I am worried, what can I do, I don't have her house number no more so I can't even speak to her parents even if i could they don't like me as it is, I am worried about her as we was close and I wish we still we're, is there anything I can do, I've pleaded with her to stop this and I've told her I'm here for her no matter what, although it's hard for us to talk.

The fact youve told this girl youre there for her no matter what is probably helping her more than you think. Am sure youve probably checked out thesite pages on self harm but if not, theyre totally worth a look. Theyll give you a wee bit more insight into what shes going through emotionally.....http://www.thesite.org/youthnet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=480
  • Options
    ps...sorry if that came across a bit muddled up, am still getting the hang of these boards :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by supergrover
    ps...sorry if that came across a bit muddled up, am still getting the hang of these boards :)

you can edit your posts you know. ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by supergrover

thanks for the advice, she's only punching walls and stuff but thats still bad, she promised she wouldn't harm seriously, thank god, it's the fact she's lost weight and is not eating, she's hurting me and I am soo worried, There has to be more i can do, I feel so helpless,

and no problem, your new your allowed to make mistakes,
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Why didn't you put this in Anything Goes?
  • Options
    thanks for the advice, she's only punching walls and stuff but thats still bad, she promised she wouldn't harm seriously, thank god, it's the fact she's lost weight and is not eating, she's hurting me and I am soo worried, There has to be more i can do, I feel so helpless,

and no problem, your new your allowed to make mistakes,

are her parents not concerned at her not eating?

there isn't anything you can do, the worst thing you can do is blame yourself.
  • Options
    Have you thought about talking this through with someone properly. It sounds like you could benefit a lot from getting in touch with Childline (0800 1111) or there is also an eating disorders Youth helpline (under 18s): 0845 634 7650 (4pm-6.30pm weekdays). They could help you sort out your thoughts and help you feel a wee bit more in control of the situation. try not to beat yourself up about a situation you cant change (ie her parents)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    are her parents not concerned at her not eating?

there isn't anything you can do, the worst thing you can do is blame yourself.

but it is. if you think about it logicly, she is doing this because we got involved with each other, so it's my fault for getting involved,
  • Options
    but it is. if you think about it logicly, she is doing this because we got involved with each other, so it's my fault for getting involved,

no offence but are you sure the only reason she's doing it is because of you? she may well have bigger problems.
  • Options
    no offence but are you sure the only reason she's doing it is because of you? she may well have bigger problems.

she said it was, in the text's she said alot about how she misses me and still feels for me lots and this is why
  • Options
    she said it was, in the text's she said alot about how she misses me and still feels for me lots and this is why

so she's actually said 'i'm doing this to myself because of you'?
  • Options
    if you cared that much you'd get off your arse and go round to her house, back problems and all 'cause if she matters that much to you then it'd be worth it. however if you're going to give up just because you cant phone her then you aren't worth it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    if you cared that much you'd get off your arse and go round to her house, back problems and all 'cause if she matters that much to you then it'd be worth it. however if you're going to give up just because you cant phone her then you aren't worth it.

How can i go round hers if I only went there once and don't know where she lives,
  • Options
    How can i go round hers if I only went there once and don't know where she lives,

that made me laugh somewhat.
  • Options
    well again, no offence but are you kidding?! and she's hurting herself over you?

also, why not just keep talking to her the way you were before, she probably needs a friend right now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    well again, no offence but are you kidding?! and she's hurting herself over you?

also, why not just keep talking to her the way you were before, she probably needs a friend right now.

I am.. and no.. I don't know how to get to hers, it's a house in a villege i never went to before and i went by train and car, i didn't think i'd need to remember the route,
  • Options
    how can you have been to hers once but never been to her house?
  • Options
    how can you have been to hers once but never been to her house?

gah i mean i don't remember the way