Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my boyfriend's going away on hols....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
next year with his mates, I trust him so why do I feel gutted? I know he wouldnt mind me going with my mates, it wouldnt bother him at all....so why am I bothered? I dont bat an eyelid when he goes out with his mates, we're not controlling with each other but we're honest with each other and extremely close. It wouold hurt him if he thought I couldnt trust him, which is what he would think if I said I was gutted. i cant explain it! Anyone else ever feel like this?

Comments

• Options
    maybe you just enjoy eachothers company so much that it wouldnt seem right if he had fun without you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    maybe you just enjoy eachothers company so much that it wouldnt seem right if he had fun without you?
    I reckon that's it! he loves his mates, their like his brothers and he's known them years! I reckon i'm jealous of all the fun he's gona have!
  • Options
    All relationships be they platonic or romantic are based on trust.

I feel you have to trust him and hope he doesn't 'play away from home' whilst on holiday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    All relationships be they platonic or romantic are based on trust.

I feel you have to trust him and hope he doesn't 'play away from home' whilst on holiday.
    nah I trust him, if I had to hope he wont cheat, I wouldnt be with him
  • Options
    So what's the problem?

Let him enjoy himself!
  • Options
    have you thought about planning a holiday for yourself for the same time. That way you would have something to take your mind off it, and you could also check out whether he really wouldnt bat an eyelid.
  • Options
    I have sort of the same situation. My other half left today for a one week business trip and I can't join him because of my job.
    It is not that I don't trust him, it is just that I'll miss him very much! It is more than a year since we last spend a night apart...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    I have sort of the same situation. My other half left today for a one week business trip and I can't join him because of my job.
    It is not that I don't trust him, it is just that I'll miss him very much! It is more than a year since we last spend a night apart...

awwww ;)
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Of course you trust him, your just going to miss him! I'd be exactly the same.

I don't even like my gf going out on anight, its not that i don't trust her, I jut smiss her and don't like her having fun without me!

if that makes me a control freak, so be it! But she is the same about me so there isn't a problem even thoguh from the outside it will look like we control eachother.

it completely natural that you are gutted, thought about going away together for a days?
  • Options
    You have all said some really good stuff. I was so confused, I knew I trusted him but couldnt work out the feelings I was having? Is that crazy? That's never happened before, i'm usually so clued up on how I feel, I have often wondered why people get confused about feelings.

All my mates were talking about going away next year but guess bloody what, they have asked me to ask him! haha! I should refuse and see what he says :p only joking. Some of my mates live in Spain so I think i'll go for a trip on me own to visit them, ages since I last seem them. We were always of out and doing stuff together and it was quite gutting when they left. I could have gone but I had too much keeping me here. Quite looking forward to it.

Thanks guys! ;)