Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Me are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone read the book? I highly recommend it!

Me and my bf, when we have silly arguments he'll turn his phone off or ignore me and go off....where i need to sort it out right there and then........I got stuck at a station the other day and saw this book so i bought it.....trust me you will recognise yourself!

go buy it now!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I've read it and I wasn't overly impressed.

I tried the whole 'writing a letter' thing with my ex (when we were still together and not on the verge of breaking up or anything!) using the phrases like 'I feel like you aren't helping with...' and 'I would like you to do xyz for me' etc etc.

He kinda thought I was loopy, he read it too and thought the author was loopy. Far too many rules for my liking.
  • Options
    Re: Me are from Mars, Women are from Venus
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Anyone read the book? I highly recommend it!

Me and my bf, when we have silly arguments he'll turn his phone off or ignore me and go off....where i need to sort it out right there and then........I got stuck at a station the other day and saw this book so i bought it.....trust me you will recognise yourself!

go buy it now!

Sounds good, in think il buy one! would they sell it in WHSmiths?? and if so, how much is it roughly?? May buy it 2day+read it on the plane when i go on hols on sat (yay, lol)
    SBG
  • Options
    Re: Re: Me are from Mars, Women are from Venus
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    Sounds good, in think il buy one! would they sell it in WHSmiths?? and if so, how much is it roughly?? May buy it 2day+read it on the plane when i go on hols on sat (yay, lol)
    SBG

How can you say it sounds good based on one line "trust me you will recognise yourself!" That was the only bit of the original post about the actual book.
  • Options
    I've thumbed through it before, and it is typical of the self-help genre in that it is bland, banal crap.

One will recognise oneself because the author is that bloomin' vague that it could be anyone. It's basically a long version of a horoscope, and if you think horoscopes are accurate and insightful then you're a moron.
  • Options
    Males and females are psychologically different.

Is that new news? :cool:
  • Options
    ok ok so its not highly rated, its not the rules that got me, its the understanding on how we react to situations. he reacts totally different to me, he doesnt wana talk, i do, i want him to listen, not help me out. i didnt even see these things before reading it. now i can relate to my boyfried when we go through a tough time, not confused and hurt cos he wants to be alone. cant get him to read it though!

I got it from Smiths and it was £8.99
  • Options
    I thought it was over generalised crap to be honest. According to that book I should be a bloke.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Me are from Mars
    Me is from Earth. You come in big spaceship? Flies around? :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Me are from Mars, Women are from Venus
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    How can you say it sounds good based on one line "trust me you will recognise yourself!" That was the only bit of the original post about the actual book.

well, ok, i see ur point! i thought it sounded good cos of that "trust me, you'll recognise yourself", and the title (ive heard of it alot, but never knew properly what it was about) and the fact that i could relate to vicky in the way that i react when i have a row with my b.f! Sorry if that dont make sense
    SBG
  • Options

I got it from Smiths and it was £8.99

I ordered it for my aunt who wanted it from Amazon for about £4 with some other books so postage was free too
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor

Or very little spaceship, get eaten by small dog.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I ordered it for my aunt who wanted it from Amazon for about £4 with some other books so postage was free too
    think I owuld have left the station by time it would have got to me
    Yes the species of me is from a far away land
  • Options
    reading your location tag it says earth is alien to you... so which is it? :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Ertrael
    reading your location tag it says earth is alien to you... so which is it? :p
    *sniff* You shouldn't have said that... I don't know my home planet... :crying:
    :p
  • Options
    Raaar. I got to the bit about relationships being like lifts, martian rubber bands and men needing their 'rock' and i thought 'sod this, this is bollocks' and gave up. Though martian rubber bands do amuse me.

A decent book about the physiological differences between men and women is 'Why men don't listen and women can't read maps'. It doesn't try to tell you how you should be in the relationship, but it does go some way to explaining the ways in which people react to each other. Much better, and much more readable. And less loopy.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Or very little spaceship, get eaten by small dog.
    :lol: I was listening to that the other day. Genius!