Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Favourite Good guy gone Bad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Whos your favourite actor who NORMALLY plays the good guy but makes a good baddie!!

And who would you like to see...?

I quite like Bruce Willis as a bad guy - like in Day of the Jackal

Would like to see Tom Cruise be the bad guy for a change
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    toms going to be bad in the new film collatrial (sp)
  • Options
    Lovable though he was, Lestat (played by Mr Cruise for you uncultured weirdies who haven't seen the film) was hardly a nice bloke was he?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Adelle
    Lovable though he was, Lestat (played by Mr Cruise for you uncultured weirdies who haven't seen the film) was hardly a nice bloke was he?

stuart townsend plays a cuter Lestat in queen of the damned :yes:
  • Options
    John Travolta did it well, I think for the first time in either broken arrow or face off. But he keeps being the bad guy, he's gotta switch back.
  • Options
    is this another a chance for me to mention Lovejoy in Deadwood? oh yes it is!:yes:
  • Options
    Thought Robin Williams was good in One Hour Photo if that counts. Defintely couldn't look at him the same way after watching that film. Was creepy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    stuart townsend plays a cuter Lestat in queen of the damned :yes:

are the two lestat characters linked in anyway? or do they just have the same name and happen to both be vamps? I've never seen QOTD.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    are the two lestat characters linked in anyway? or do they just have the same name and happen to both be vamps? I've never seen QOTD.

This from Interview With The Vampire; were Tom Cruise plays lestat? (Another actor I thought was good as he was a bad guy in that, which he doesn't ususally play)
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid

they are both anne rice books, so yes if you read the books, then you see that interview with a vampire, and QOTD do have the same character.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Thought Robin Williams was good in One Hour Photo if that counts. Defintely couldn't look at him the same way after watching that film. Was creepy.

Yeh he definately makes an effective bad guy in One Hour Photo, Insomnia and, to a lesser extent, Death to Smootchie. A fine actor!
  • Options
    :yes: I think Robin Williams is great. I'd also love to see Will Smith play a bad guy; don't think he has, has he?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    is this another a chance for me to mention Lovejoy in Deadwood? oh yes it is!:yes:

god you must love this show or are you part of the production company trying to make it popular over here :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Yeh he definately makes an effective bad guy in One Hour Photo, Insomnia and, to a lesser extent, Death to Smootchie. A fine actor!

robin williams was class in death to smoothie, i tought it was a good movie. never thought it'd be as good as it was.
  • Options
    I thought Samuel L Jackson made a good villain in Unbreakable, with Bruce Willis as the good guy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind

Holy cow I just finished watching that movie not 20 minutes ago and was gonna post the same thing.

I'd never even heard of this movie but saw it on the shelf of my gym's free video library and had to take it cos I think robin williams is ace.

The movie was really sad, they made him look so old in it!!

He wasn't even really a baddie though just lonely!! :(