Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

choice my arse.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
today i've been to chester ...liverpool and warrington and you know what ...there all the same.
same burger bars ...same coffee shops ...same shoe shops ...same housing estates ...same clothes shop ...same phone shops same old b and q's ...same everything!
how long before they just paint everything black and white?
the modern world aye!

Comments

• Options
    Mr Kaffrin:

yup, it's getting hard to find inidivdual little shops, most cities are just indentikit shopping places in a slightly different order.

crap really.
  • Options
    go to little towns..bit more insane then
  • Options
    Mr Kaffrin:

bit more 'inbred' you mean? it's exactly like royston vasey in that respect.

"outsiders? here?! in our local town?!"
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by nelly_bar
    go to little towns..bit more insane then

Damn right, in these parts we have a little newsagents called "the candy store" and a post office and a ol' knitting shop. Chain stores would be welcome here, no wonder i'm getting away fast!
  • Options
    like 'league of gentlemen' type towns..hehe
    you can never leave!hahaha
  • Options
    Mr Kaffrin:

crazy guy being the perfect example... except he obviously knows he's disturbed. unless he's faking it to sound more interesting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    Mr Kaffrin:

bit more 'inbred' you mean? it's exactly like royston vasey in that respect.

"outsiders? here?! in our local town?!"

Well you don't have to go to the back of beyond! Salisbury has quite a lot of different little independent shops.

Mind you I did once stop in a tiny shop in a village in the New Forest where I was definitely eyed with deep suspicion whilst someone obviously local (they knew her name) was being lent a biro from the shop so they could write down a number from Directory Enquiries at the phone box!!! Imagine going into a stationers in Coventry and asking to borrow a pen! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    Mr Kaffrin:

crap really.
    thats an understatement. it pissed me off today for some reason. it was like ...whats the point in going anywhere.
    chester ...seriously wealthy small city ...the centre had nothing to offer that seriously boring and industrial warrington didn't have ...at least liverpool had the docks and stuff but ...the centre ...same same same.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats an understatement. it pissed me off today for some reason. it was like ...whats the point in going anywhere.

The only difference is the size of the shops and the number all in one place. It's like Merryhill is just Coventry (or anywhere else) city centre only on a grander scale.
  • Options
    but in coventry you have skater kids who can do jack on their boards.... :rolleyes:

and erm......... well it does have the lower precinct which is just fucking awesome for some late night (illegal) bike riding as the floor is so smooth.

blast down from lady godiva all the way to the bottom avoiding drunks and pull enormous skids and fall off on the 'marble' floor. :D

skids are for kids? are they fuck, kids can't do them properly. :cool:
  • Options
    all these big name shops are fine but ...the local hardware shop ...the small fruit and veg shop etc ...all murdered by the giants. small butchers sho[ps almost non existant ...it's bad i tell ya.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Chester is a lovely town though, Warrington isn't.
    i agree 100% but ...those ancient and beautiful buidings in chester house the same record shops the same clothes shops the same ...as shitty old warrington.
    same shops different facade ...for once.
  • Options
    Sometimes it's nice to be able to go to a large town and find what you're looking for, and you're glad it's the same as your home town. Such as a Starbucks, or MacDonalds (OK, so MacD's isn't the best example). But at the same time it does make it pointless going to most large towns just for the purpose of shopping as you can get the same locally.
  • Options
    lets close down all the motoways. you can only use them if you pay twenty quid ...for visiting touring etc.
    people would have to work localy ...bet you can all find flaws with it ...but could it actualy work?
  • Options
    i've sussed what realy pissed me off ...the lack of family cafes.
    all these fucking fancy coffee shops and fast food bars have killed propper cafes.
    there is now no chance of any of YOU ...opening your own high street shop flogging anything. family businesses are a thing of the past ...finnished.
    that can't be good surely?
  • Options
  • Options
    the estate the girl of the minute lives in has a local butchers... proper one, small shop, sausages hanging in the window, round the corner and all that.
    shes a vegetarian though... hmmm.

the independent record shop in derby is worse for hip hop than the HMV.
    which is gay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dai fychan
    from bbc news recently:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3582704.stm
    WOW ...thankyou.
    the demise of cafes is due to huge coffee shop chains opening numerous shops in the same street or locality ...forcing upo rents.
    a family cafe that was paying 10 grand a year rent ...is now facing 50 grand a year rent and can't possibly survive ...does that seem like a good deal for you the cutomer?
    of course not. your nnot only loosing choice your being ripped off.
    a family cafe can no longer charge you 50p for a decent coffee ...cos your mostly dumb enough to pay far more for fashionable coffees ...fashioable trends are killing your choice.