Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

First Date Nerves

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Guys,

Enjoy the Bank Holiday!

But before we get into it tell me: what were your first dates like?

Have you got any tips for anyone out there to ensure a first date goes smoothly?

If you're 11-19 and would be interested in sharing your first date experiences for an article to be written by TheSite.org, please pm me back leaving a contact telephone number and I'll be in touch for a quick chat.

Fank UUU

Peace out

Mariam!!!xxx

Comments

• Options
    I never really went in for the first date thing, it judt never really happened like that. I remember when I went out for the first time with one of my boyfriends. We were still at school, I guess about 17, and we were going for a meal and then to the cinema. We sat down for this meal, and realised we were on the next table to a bumch of very loud female teachers from our school! We ended up keeping our heads down and talking really quietly so they didn't notice us. We left the restaurant earlier than them and headed for the cinema. We'd just made ourselves comfy with our popcorn and all, and all these teachers appeared through the door...
    We did laugh about it lots, made the 'date' much more memorable!
  • Options
    my first date date i was 12 and came out of it thinking i was gonna have to become a lesbian if all dates were like that as we went to the cinema, i tripped up, spilt coke alll down my white shirt, we then didnt talk the whole time and i had to pay for his bus fare home :(

haha luckily it got better since then!
  • Options
    I can't really remember my first proper date as such, I just met people as a friendship group or when I was on a night out or something.

With my boyfriend of the moment, we went out for pizza for lunch. I liked the lunch date aspect of it, it was less formal than actually going out for proper dinner (I was only 16 at the time).
    You could wear normal day clothes, not have to worry about being overdressed or underdressed because it was only pizza. We could get to know each other as well because we weren't having to sit in silence in the cinema.
    The other thing is about sharing a pizza is I know some people (more girls that Ive heard about than boys) are nervous about eating in front of a date, with a lunch date like this you can just chat and it takes the focus away from you eating, or ordering courses or anything like that.