Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Belly piercing question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got my belly done today :D Irrelavent lol anyway. Before i had it done, loads of people said, oh its the clamp that hurts most, not the piercing! Argh, not for me. The clamp was a pinch and the piercing hurt i thought. Just wondering weather im being weird cuz all my mates who have it done said its the clamp that hurt more? What do you who have it done think? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    with mine they didnt use a clamp....just a fucking massive needle

and yes, it hurt alot
  • Options
    No clamp? How did they hold it in place? :eek2:

The clamp was okay for me too, but the piercing hurt like hell. A really hot pain...

Youre not being weird though, everyone feels pain in different ways and from different things :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by draven
    No clamp? How did they hold it in place? :eek2:

dunno, with her fingers i think :S i dunno, twas 5 years ago

but yes everyody has different pain sensitivity
  • Options
    The clamp didn't hurt me, it was just a bit uncomfortable - as was the freezing spray. I didn't feel a thing when the needle went in though.
  • Options
    the clamp hurt a little,but i couldn't even feel the piercing,until afterwards of course
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    dunno, with her fingers i think :S

Is that even allowed?! :eek2:
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    as was the freezing spray

Not allowed to use that anymore :(
  • Options
    Cant really remember Ive had it done bout 6 years or so now, dont remember it hurting too much anyway.

Besides dont worry bout it, everyones different and what does it matter you've got it done now. :D
  • Options
    When the clamp went out, I got my hopes up thinking that was the piercing; Bit uncomfortable but not sore. Thought I got it easy, then I felt the piercing. Now that was sore.

Why can't ya use the freezing spray anymore? Not that I remember I even got that when I had my piercing done 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Yeah they didn't use a clamp on me either, although it was about 6 years ago. I can't remember it hurting much at all, it felt a bit funny, like i could feel the needle going through but nothing else. My nose piercing hurt a hell of a lot more though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Yeah they didn't use a clamp on me either, although it was about 6 years ago. I can't remember it hurting much at all, it felt a bit funny, like i could feel the needle going through but nothing else. My nose piercing hurt a hell of a lot more though.

Same here for all of the above.
  • Options
    I didn't feel much when I had my navel pierced a few yrs ago..
    I felt the clamp, but no pain when it was pierced!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Is that even allowed?! :eek2:

Not allowed to use that anymore :(
    Why? Thats been used on all my peircings. Including my tongue, which I got done today :hyper:
  • Options
    Freeze sprays and anaesthetics when used on a piercing (or an open wound which is exactly what a piercing is..) delays healing times and damages tissue around the piercing.

Anaesthetics should be avoided...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Freeze sprays and anaesthetics when used on a piercing (or an open wound which is exactly what a piercing is..) delays healing times and damages tissue around the piercing.

Anaesthetics should be avoided...

Ilora x
    Ah well. Never had any probems. Mine have always healed quickly, and, at least I didn't feel anything. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Including my tongue, which I got done today :hyper:

Did you?! Oooh, did it hurt? My mate wants hers done, but shes too scared of the pain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Did you?! Oooh, did it hurt? My mate wants hers done, but shes too scared of the pain.
    Not really. It stung a bit when the needle went through, but it wasn't like excruciating pain or anything. I just want this bloody big bar out of my mouth! I can't wait to get the smaller one in; this things huuuuge!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I didn't feel much when I had my navel pierced a few yrs ago..
    I felt the clamp, but no pain when it was pierced!

Ilora x

same here, but i did not felt anything, not even the clamp.... it was quite.... wierd
  • Options
    Clamp wasn't painful, nor was the piercing. Just felt a little pin prick sensation.
    Everybody's different.
  • Options
    in my day, if you didnt feel any pain when you had your belly done you were fat :yes:

play ground logic :rolleyes:

yes, anyhoo mines didnt hurt. but to be honest this was a thread about nothing in particular wasnt it?
  • Options
    mine hurt a lot. only had it done in april. still healing now.
    clamp was a bit painful-thought shed done it, then the needle went through- god it hurt!
  • Options
    when i first had mine done two years ago, it didn't hurt at all. but that one started migrating so i took it out and had it re-pierced a couple of days ago. was a lot more uncomfortable because of the scarred tissue from last time. no freezing spray either time.

on a similar note the piercer was tellin me about a woman whose navel piercing keeps migrating and coming out and shes had it done SEVEN times in the same place now! :eek: He said he refuses to do it again because the last time he did she was screaming in pain and the needle bent! crazy woman
  • Options
    When I got mine done he didn't use a clamp just a long needle thing.

I actually found it hurt more than getting a tattoo. My tattoo didn't feel like anything really. The piercing hurt like a bitch and made me pull a stupid face, kinda like this :crazyeyes