Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Funny Family Relations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I've been observing the way my family unit functions.

Mum-Dad
  • They can't stand being in the same room as each other so they're be in separate rooms for everything but sleeping.
  • When ever they have a conversation they always talk over each other & it never flows.
  • My dad is rather uneducated & isn't too good with reading & writing due to him bunking off school a lot when he was a lad. Anyway my dad will end up getting angry & frustrated & raise his voice(he has a short fuse) when he can't get his point across in a convo because my mum can't understand what he's trying to say.
  • My mum is t-total regarding alcohol & my dad is the total opposite & i'd say dependant on alcohol & he doesn't know when enough is enough & when to call it a night. So naturally alcohol fuelled arguments between my parents are a natural occurrence in my home. But the thing is that my dad will be soo drunk he never remembers the argument the morning after so then an apology is never made from my dad to my mum. Which explains why my mum is totally off with my dad & doesn't want to know him the morning after.

Mum-Children
  • All my 3 bros & myself get on with my mum well. However my mum & my sis haven't spoken or seen each other in years.
  • My mum is a great listener & you can pour your heart out to her within reason but then she is a bit rubbish if you want a two-way convo with.

Dad-Children
  • The only thing which keeps my 3 bros & my dad ever seeing each other is that my dad supplies them with their tobacco.
  • My dad only talks to me when he wants to know if I know where something is.
  • My dad & my sis haven't spoken or seen each other in years.

Me-Siblings
  • I get on all right with 2 of my bros but this is on a grin & bear basis where i've got no choice but to get along with them.
  • My other bro I totally hate & he doesn't exist in my mind any longer & is no relation to me in anyway. Say if I had to save a total stranger & him then i'd choose the stranger.
  • Me & my sis get on like a house on fire & we totally click with each other. We could happily both share a house & we wouldn't get on each others nerves.

Does anyone else share similarities with my family?

<br><marquee align="center" loop="infinte"><font color="666666">.:</font><font color="ff6600">Crispy</font><font color="666666">:.</font></marquee><br></font>