Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

out of the blue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello people,

I got woman trouble at this minute in time, and its really getting me down. Ive been waiting for months to start a relationship with a girl at work for ages and about a month ago we decided to get together as she was no longer happy with her boyfriend and wanted to be with me. I waited a few weeks before we got it together. Its amazing we have the same interests, feel a connection, and a strong attraction. Thing is she has several personal/family problems which ive been trying to take her mind of yet supporting her. We love spending time with each other she stayed at mine most of last week. However after no contact with her for a day i get a txt this morning saying 'hi sexy, im sorry but i feel we should have a break for a while and just be mates...etc.' she said she needs to be at home as shes is going through a lot which i can accept, but why split from a relationship which has barely started when i can still support her? ive asked mates today and they have said women like to be alone when dealing with problems and have no other pressure of a relationship. Does anybody think this is true? Or could anyone suggest a reason why she has just completely out of the blue decided to end it? I quite heartbroken at the minute dont know what to think can anybody give a reason why she just want to be mates because this girl allways tells me how much she liked me, im confused!

Comments

• Options
    I'm probably wrong but if that was said to me i would think of it as a brush off..... easy way to get out of the relationship... sorry mate.
    But it may be best to get a womans perspective on this as a womans mind can work in some strange ways :crazyeyes and she may just need some space.
  • Options
    I agree with crazy_guy with the brush off thing. Women do that to avoid making them selves and the guy feeling too bad.

Sorry mate. But then again she might be different.
  • Options
    i would have to say on how "big" of a problem it is.. i mean.. most of the time.. i would want my man to be there for me just as support but if it was something very terrible going on... i would deal with it alone.. i mean.. do you know waht the problem is???

i guess for now all you can do is be the best friend you can be....

that sounds kinda cliche....
  • Options
    She has a lot of family problems with her mum and stuff as well as trouble with legal issues she was provoked into doing some things and this is a big burden for her. I don't know what could have changed in a few days?
  • Options
    I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but you might have been a rebound. Some girls they like to be straight into a rel after another and she maybe one of them. She might just want some time being single now. I'm not saying what she did was right. Infact I hate people like that. But I know what I'm talking about cos my sisters are like that.
  • Options
    Try not to worry, she may well be telling the truth.

Sometimes when people are having problems they deal better with it on their own and don't want to bring other people into it.
  • Options
    I love the way the guys reckon she's giving you the brush off! Me thinks they've had some bad experiences!

Anywho, if her problems are as big as you make them sound then chances are she needs time to sort her head out with regards to those issues. Perhaps she doesn't feel comfortable having someone close to her. She probably needs the time to think about herself right now without the added strains of a relationship.

Having said that, I don't know either of you so obviously I'm just giving a suggestion. :)
  • Options
    The having a break thing means it's over, you're dumped. It's one of those stupid codes girls use because they want to avoid saying the truth, and not make themselves seem as bad as they really are.
    The reason why she's dumped you? God knows. Whenever I've heard that having a break crap it's meant "I'm shagging someone else" (as I've found out later on). Hopefully it doesn't mean that for you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    The having a break thing means it's over, you're dumped. It's one of those stupid codes girls use because they want to avoid saying the truth, and not make themselves seem as bad as they really are.

That's SOOOOO not true!!!! sometimes we HONESTLY need a break to sort out our feelings and thoughts or to deal with other things and can't have a distraction at that time....

but.. way to be really optomistic and all....
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies, I went out for a drink with her after work to talk about things and she said she still really into me, but is not ready for a relationship so soon with all the problems that shes got, she said she's not sure what she wants and what to do. She said she was sorry for the txt but was to scared to call me. How do u think i should play the situation now because she wants a break and be mates for a bit, yet if she still likes me then how should i be with her. To think 3 days ago we were having sex, being couply, being together out of work and know its going to stop just like that. Its a bit of a shock considering things were fine 3 days ago. Should i continue to be flirty, touchy feely with her like were when we were just mates before or should i be totally different? it feels weird.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssexBoy
    Cheers for the replies, I went out for a drink with her after work to talk about things and she said she still really into me, but is not ready for a relationship so soon with all the problems that shes got, she said she's not sure what she wants and what to do. She said she was sorry for the txt but was to scared to call me. How do u think i should play the situation now because she wants a break and be mates for a bit, yet if she still likes me then how should i be with her. To think 3 days ago we were having sex, being couply, being together out of work and know its going to stop just like that. Its a bit of a shock considering things were fine 3 days ago. Should i continue to be flirty, touchy feely with her like were when we were just mates before or should i be totally different? it feels weird.

the best thing to do is honestly be her friend... obviously you can't sleep with her anymore but you can still be flirty and touchy feely... just not as much... but you should still pay attention to the signs that she's giving you... if she seems uncomfortable when you're being flirty and touchy feely then back off... if she goes along with it.. continue... and also everyday will be different.. so sometimes she will like to be playful with you and other days she won't... you just have to pay attention! and to be honest... guys suck at that
  • Options
    Well i guess the lads that posted were right in a a way she left her fone lying around at work and i read some of the dirty txts from this other bloke and her replies. I feel like shes used her problems as an excuse and break up with me so she can get it on with someone else. When i confronted her about it she didnt even act like she cared didnt say sorry or anything i dont understand because she said she liked me so much, how on earth in a few days can she go off me and be seeing this bloke it doesnt make any sense? she fucking hurt me so much.
  • Options
    Forget her innit.

End of the day sounds like you can do a lot better than that.
  • Options
    what a mind fucking cock teasing tramp, im sure you deserve better than that. keep the chin up and you never know, by the way the same kinda thing happened to me but i've forgot all about her and moved on and next month is our 2 year anniversary :D
  • Options
    all girls are bitches

... that's pretty much what it boils down too....

maybe she's just incredibly insecure with herself and liked the thought of having a guy hanging around waiting for her... and she just wanted to play games...

im sure you knew this... but girls like to lead guys on, regardless of their feelings for them... yeah i know.. terrible use of pronouns but i hope you get what im saying

if you want ill kick her ass! adn she'll look like this --->:crazyeyes but then again.. i live in the US.. im kinda far