Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

drugs and the mind.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People have many reasons for taking drugs, negative and positive. Personally i take them because i believe they expand my being intellectually and spritually. A friend (non-taker), I have, sees this as complete bull, and says I am trying to romanticize my habits. What do other people here gain from drugs, am i just being pretentious about drugs?

Comments

• Options
    Hallucinogenics have been used by various peoples for 1000's years. Theres got to be something in it.

I cant say that I've had trips where I have learnt something in particular from it, in that I didnt come down and go, "wow, now I know!" but I do think they have helped. Its more a gradual process, you learn about yourself which then kind of seeps forward and helps you (I'm explaining that badly).

It depends a lot on what you are using though, I always use amphetamine because I enjoyed it, I never learnt anything from it, other than I really like it.
  • Options
    That's true, some drugs, charlie, speed, alcohol, are just fun.

But others such as mushies, lsd, and weed do something to my mind, unlock doors, which i only have a faint memory of when the effects wear off.

But i understand that when i explain this to my friend i do sound very cheesy and cliched., which makes me doubt it.
  • Options
    i've always thought MDMA has given me some enlightening experiences and has definately expanded my mind, but drugs like mushies and morning glory are equally as good, i definately think drug taking has helped me with my education, i used to be a bad **** in school, got suspended all the time and had a short attention span,(i didn't have a condition, i just dind't care)but after smoking dope and taking other substances i realized how important educaiton was and wisened up. so drugs helped me, i'm not condoning their use but for me they helped.
  • Options
    If its helping why does it matter how it sounds to others? There are far too many stories of people being helped by hallucinogenics for there to be nothing in it.

But of course they do come with risks. Personally I think if you use them in the right enviroment that risk is very low.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    If its helping why does it matter how it sounds to others? There are far too many stories of people being helped by hallucinogenics for there to be nothing in it.

But of course they do come with risks. Personally I think if you use them in the right enviroment that risk is very low.

i only said i wasn't condoning them because i thought you'd complain, so now that you aren't, EVERYONE TAKE DRUGS, only joking.
  • Options
    I think you will find that I wasnt (quite) condoning drug use there, I was just suggesting that based on evidence there is the potential there for them to help.

However, no activity goes without risk people!
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment, they make me feel better. The last thing i want to become is one of those people who believe that if all the world leaders took pills, there would be peace everywhere. Some aspects of drug taking has changed my outlook for the better, i am a more philosophical for example, but Bong is right there is always a danger with these things too. I just won't try and explain my experience to a non-user again.
  • Options
    Oh certainly, there are many people who shouldnt use drugs at all, sadly many of those do anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    The last thing i want to become is one of those people who believe that if all the world leaders took pills, there would be peace everywhere.

i'm gonna hold you to that one.
  • Options
    That's true, some drugs, charlie, speed, alcohol, are just fun.

But others such as mushies, lsd, and weed do something to my mind, unlock doors, which i only have a faint memory of when the effects wear off.

But i understand that when i explain this to my friend i do sound very cheesy and cliched., which makes me doubt it.
    above the animals are men. above men are angels. those who take drugs take one step closer to being angel like. a place we don't belong.
    in the bible there is a qoute that says god detests those who indulge in spiritism. the original word for spiritism is pharmacia ...so we are actualy being spiritistic and not spiritual.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Long time no see Mr Roll! Wondered where you had got to.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Long time no see Mr Roll! Wondered where you had got to.....

was thinking the same, i was gonna make a thread about it then all of a sudden he pops up, where where you, one of those mad week long trips again
  • Options
    Which book and verse in the bible does it mention it, I have to look it up...
  • Options
    Which book and verse in the bible does it mention it, I have to look it up...
    gawddme and my big gob ...all i can remember is new testament ...possibly 1st timothy ...if i get the chance i'll look it up. but only popping in and out right now as very busy...

just got back from spain with a bad chest ...thetre are some very dusty areas in spain ...especialy when your travelling on a motorbike!

Los Molinos Almeria, ...an area full of eco warriors in near dessert conditions.
    ...and around that area for a few days visiting old friends.
    fantastic largely unspoilt uninhabited land.
  • Options
    Good to see you back Rolly.