Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Party contributions.

UKIP has now more income than the Lib Dems and there has been an 'interesting' donation to Labour. £500K from the owner of PowderJet, a company you may remember got the small pox contract after another donation of £100K and a Lordship.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    links?
  • Options
  • Options
    "The UK Independence Party had a five-fold rise in donations in the run-up to this June's European elections.

Most of the £1.2m - more than the Lib Dems received - came from Yorkshire businessman Paul Sykes' firm, which spent £715,000 on adverts."

seems like in a run up to the european elections the was a lot more donating in general, but would be interesting to see in future if UKIP could out do the lib dems in a general election
  • Options
    Dont say stuff like that, I have so little faith in the general public as it is, if UKIP gets more of the vote than Lib Dem in the general election I might leave the country.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    Lib Dems have slipped, not suprised. Looks as though the Tories are the most funded party.

notice that this was just in the run up to a major set of elections, for europe as well!

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/otherparties/story/0,9061,1265746,00.html

Europe's 200 million women yesterday acquired a new champion in the form of the United Kingdom Independence party MEP for Yorkshire and the Humber, Godfrey Bloom. "I want to deal with women's issues", he declared, "because I just don't think they clean behind the fridge enough."

Mr Bloom was speaking on his first day at the European parliament in Strasbourg as one of Ukip's 11 MEPs. "I am going to promote men's rights," he said, which was odd because he had just taken up a seat on the parliament's committee for women's rights.

For those women wondering why someone with Mr Bloom's views on their gender could deign to speak on their behalf, he said his mandate was clear: "I am here to represent Yorkshire women, who always have dinner on the table when you get home."

While the shades of Amy Johnson, the Bronte sisters and other famous Yorkshirewomen whirled beyond the grave, Mr Bloom unrepentantly went on local television - promptly syndicated - to make sure that his mission statement was understood.

"The more women's rights you have, it's actually a bar to their employment," he said, citing his experience in the Territorial Army and a London investment firm for which he still works as a researcher. "No self-respecting small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age.
  • Options
    I very much doubt it will happen, to be honest I think its the Conservatives who will get a bit of a thrashing in the General if they're not careful.

UKIP are supported by a small group of people, its just next to no one goes out and votes so poxy parties like them can get in.
  • Options
    Re: Party contributions.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    UKIP has now more income than the Lib Dems and there has been an 'interesting' donation to Labour. £500K from the owner of PowderJet, a company you may remember got the small pox contract after another donation of £100K and a Lordship.

So?

Did these donations meet the established rules regarding donations?
  • Options
    Do you not find it a little strange that after such a large donation he gets the contract and a peerage?
  • Options
    you never done a favour for someone?
  • Options
    I guess in the wonderful free-trade world of Monocrat, everything is for sale including votes and governments.

Ain't that right mono?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    you never done a favour for someone?

So your suggesting that if I had enough money I could and should be able to buy the whole government, change the law and make all UK people slaves.
  • Options
    Do you not find it a little strange that after such a large donation he gets the contract and a peerage?

Yes! Though the PM can choose whom he wants as a life peer. Even still he shouldn't be 'rewarded' like that.
    I guess in the wonderful free-trade world of Monocrat, everything is for sale including votes and governments.

Ain't that right mono?

Huh? And I've done what to you exactly?
  • Options
    Nothing. But you seem to see nothing wrong with people donating ludicruous amounts of money to political parties and then getting exactly what they want from the government.

You really don't see a problem there?
  • Options
    Dont say stuff like that, I have so little faith in the general public as it is, if UKIP gets more of the vote than Lib Dem in the general election I might leave the country.

You and Me bongbudda, we'll take over the country in a landslide democratic victory with roo as the attractive and acceptable face of our campaign. Then we'll declare an emergency and never have another election. But no-one will care because we'll be so great at everything.
  • Options
    Indeed, the people wont know its good till we show them.

Keep the free market in terms of the economy because state control of that is just stupid.

Just have tight controls over the media, protest groups, lobbying groups and of course no voting.
  • Options
    Indeed, the people wont know its good till we show them.

Keep the free market in terms of the economy because state control of that is just stupid.

Just have tight controls over the media, protest groups, lobbying groups and of course no voting.

From our platform in the New UK, we'll take Europe and then THE WORLD!
  • Options
    I think once other countries see the glory which we can achieve once we have taken control we wont have to move to other places. They will want to join us, there will be other revolutions in other countries inspired by us!

All under the banner of sensible liberalism yet free market capitalism while crushing the Daily Mail!
  • Options
    I think once other countries see the glory which we can achieve once we have taken control we wont have to move to other places. They will want to join us, there will be other revolutions in other countries inspired by us!

All under the banner of sensible liberalism yet free market capitalism while crushing the Daily Mail!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    For those who are with us, crushing servitude for those against us, and of course anyone who has ever worked for Murdock.
  • Options
    For those who are with us, crushing servitude for those against us, and of course anyone who has ever worked for Murdock.

We shall trample the unrightous beneath our mighty shoes, and the rightous of course, and anyone else whom we dislike.
  • Options
    ok, it does sound a bit dodgy, but parties need money to promote themselves, and for that they need money, how else can a lesser know party gain support?
  • Options
    Not just the rule of an iron fist, but our four fists and one bint to wander about and look good (roo).
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    ok, it does sound a bit dodgy, but parties need money to promote themselves, and for that they need money, how else can a lesser know party gain support?

In some places your not allowed to give money to political parties, it all comes out of tax, thus making it more fair. Though whether this could be made to work here is another matter.
  • Options
    In some places your not allowed to give money to political parties, it all comes out of tax, thus making it more fair. Though whether this could be made to work here is another matter.

Surely the money Roo earns by looking sexy will cover it?
  • Options
    Probably, though once we're in power there wont be any opposition anyway so she can just go back to being vacuous and pretty.
  • Options
    Probably, though once we're in power there wont be any opposition anyway so she can just go back to being vacuous and pretty.

And our sex kitten of course.
  • Options
    Well, yes, that goes without saying. And she can spend her free time licking herself and playing with balls of wool.
  • Options
    Well, yes, that goes without saying. And she can spend her free time licking herself and playing with balls of wool.

Ooo my mind has gone all kinds of interesting places with that imagery.
  • Options
    That'll pop back into your mind just as you slip into bed this evening.
  • Options
    That'll pop back into your mind just as you slip into bed this evening.

:D yep!