Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

M.e.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm seriously thinking i might have this now. i have no energy, i'm depressed, i ache so much, it hurt to move....and i'm getting this more and more often. my mum had/has ME when i was younger, she could never do a 5 day week 9-5 now, but she's much better. i consisantly feel crap, and i honestly don't know what to do with myself any more. my mind has been thinking towards the idea of me possibly having ME.

anyone know much about it and stuff?

all i know is that very few doctors will tell you thats what you have.....

thanks in advance....

Comments

• Options
    Aww..I was hoping you'd do a thread in Health as SOON as you came back. :D
  • Options
    my sister is going through the same at the moment constantly feeling tired and feeling like shit, she has had blood tests doc thinks it could be low blood sugar levels.

good luck anyway.
  • Options
    I had a phase like that. Turned out that the somethingorother count in my blood was very high... anyways, can't really complete a sentence, but it deals with hyperthyroid. Also, as a daily smoker (which I'm not sure if you are or not) it takes around 2 months for the potness to fully leave your system and that can also be a factor in no energy, feeling low (especially if you are on any anti-depresents because the pot effects it and pretty much makes it not work... can't remember the whole shpeel the therapist gave me the other day.) Anyways, best thing just get it checked out. Could be a number of things, could even be nothing.
  • Options
    I've had M.E for nearly five years now and I've ran into my fair share of idiot doctors, but they're not all bad. Honest!

Best thing to do sweetie is tell your doctor how you've been feeling and get some bloodtests done because if they all come back clear and you appear to be in otherwise "normal" health, there aren't many things other than M.E that you could have.

*hugs* Good luck!
  • Options
    They can also be signs of depression alone along with lots of other things. Only way you are gonna know is by going to see a doctor.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Tweety
    They can also be signs of depression alone along with lots of other things. Only way you are gonna know is by going to see a doctor.

:yes:

dont start self diagnosing youself. get checked out.
  • Options
    I agree - get thee to a doctor before signing yourself off for something - there's nothing worse than taking matters into your own hands. However the following resources may help you to understand a bit more about chronic fatigue syndrome and M.E.:

chronic fatigue syndrome

M.E. Diary

Action for M.E. is also a useful site.

:)
  • Options
    you might just be worn out from travelling.
    when i got back from greece is when all the problems with my back started.
    umm, get some rest and if you're worried about it then go to th doctors
  • Options
    i've had blood tests done, and they came back amazingly clear, everything they checked for was perfect levels. i don't smoke much at all....some weeks i'll smoke non stop, then i won't smoke at all for months. i'm not on anti depressants. i was pretty much like this before i left too....i just hate going to the doctors.....but i will have to just bite the bullet.
  • Options
    it may just be part of the depression, my symptoms fluctuate so much, it's somthing i really need to sort out, but it's just like one of those things, thee isn't something that can take it alway like a pill can with a head ache. i miss feeling normal :(