Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

An appointment with Social Services

Okies.. I've made a post before about meeting people in a new town. I've been working 18 months now and I'm still yet to gain a friend outside of the workplace. Inside the workplace, I have one really good friend, but double my age! (50 and 25).

I suddenly realised that now is the right time to investigate night classes. I've booked off this coming Wednesday afternoon to browse in the local library and information office for the September night classes.

I've also booked off the Thursday to meet up with my key worker from social services for the very first time. There has been flatmate trouble in my house-share prompting three separate police visits so I thought it was safer for both of us to book a free room in the social services building. My step-dad who I get on really well with is also hoping to come too as he can voice my questions better than I can. My written English isn't too bad, but spoken is many years behind me.

When a lady contacted me from social services for the first time 4 months ago, she asked me about what help I needed. The way she worded her question implies that they don't often get this request! I'm not really asking for suggestion questions for the Thursday appointment. I'm more of asking if other people on TheSite has visited social services as a means of getting ideas about social life?

Cheers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.