Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tanning lotions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently bought a bunch of tanning sessions and this. Has anybody ever tried it? Or has anybody tried any lotions with hemp seed extract? Does it work at all? I am very pale and do not tan very easily. Was it an ok choice?

Comments

• Options
    I work at a tanning salon and you either love lotions with tingle factors or you dont. It makes your skin really red and irratated after you tan for about 30-45 minutes. It goes down alot after though. But always wear lotion when you tan because the tan is absorbed more when your skin is moisturized. I was stupid when I first started to go tanning and so I went in the highest voltage bed (which is called ultra-ruva here) and i went the max time, everytime. I went 5 times a week and burnt the hell out of my skin. Even if I was burned, i still went so NEVER do that. Do it a little at a time. youll get burned alot and remember that aloe vera will become your best friend when you get burned. :yes:

but beware because your skin is going to dry out alot, my face was really dry even though I applied moisturizer lotion everytime i went. When I go tanning now, I put a towel over my face because thats the first place aging will show and I just use bronzer for my face. I highly recommend investing in a bronzing powder, the kind I found that works good and its hella cheap is Maybelline Bronzer. It's in a rectangle bronze compact, its amazing and its about 6 dollars :D
  • Options
    Is there anything you don't know ;). Thanks, specially for the face tip, hadn't thought of covering it. I don't plan on going so long. With my skin I'll be toasted after 5 minutes :S So with my pastey untanable skin, you think this lotion may help some?
  • Options
    I guess you'll have to find out. It could either make you red as a cherry and burn you fast or it could give you a healthy glow.

make sure you turn the fan on when your tanning though because girls will come out half nekkid of their rooms and say "My bed is sooo hot!" Of course they forget there are fans built in the bed that you have to flip on the switch for. :lol:

so if your fan is on and your still feeling really hot, just get out for a few minutes, but remember, every minute counts so go for around 7 or 8 minutes the first times then build up after that.
    Is there anything you don't know

:blush: Thanks. I just know my tanning. :yes:

Oh and I don't know if the salons are the same here as they are in the east but here, we have a timer so right when we put your info in and which bed youll be using, theres a timer thing that will tell the bed to turn on in about 3 minutes so you might wanna get undressed within that time and put your lotion on.

Also, put your lotion on when your in the room, that way you wont have to put your clothes on with your sticky lotiony skin. They should have baby wipes in the room so if your skin is still sticky after you get out of the bed, just wipe your skin with the wipe.

Im thinking of some more things for you to know when you go so you dont turn out to be a red chili pepper after...:chin: Ill let ya know if I can think of anything else.

ETA: With that lotion, test it out by putting some on your legs and if your legs turn into a color that you like, the next time you go, use that on your whole body. So use a non tingle lotion for the rest of your body to see the difference so you dont get fried all over.
  • Options
    do you need to cover tattoos with sunscrean in a tanning bed just like you should under the sun?
  • Options
    Just use fake tan and live to tell the tale! you can achieve any look you want as soon as you want, without frying on a sunbed for weeks on end.People who tan easy, fair enough, theyre best option would be to top their tan up when it fades but for us pasties, wack on the fake tan like Xtina and J.Lo and be bronzed within the hour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    do you need to cover tattoos with sunscrean in a tanning bed just like you should under the sun?

I'd put something over your tatoo just to be safe.
  • Options
    By the way, I loved that stuff. I was bright ass red for about an hour, then it went away. I had one of those sticker things on and you can even see a faint tan mark where it was. I've never really tanned very well before, especially not in one go! I'm excited :p
  • Options
    You'll get addicted!!! :yes: I have a love for the after smell of tanning beds. :blush:

I kept a heart on my boob and a playboy bunny on my hip to see how tan I was getting. Oh and don't shower until at least 45 minutes after you go tanning because it wont set into your skin if you shower right after so you have to let it settle in. ;)

Glad its working out