Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pulling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all!

Well, this isn't quite an ordinary how-to-pull thread...

I have some questions for you guys (and gals too :))

I have a female frien, that is just an average girl, but seems to be able to pull any guy she wants to (well, almost any :)).
I have never been successful at pulling myself (i'm a male), but i really got one thing that's bothering me. It seems to me that she has no feelings for guys that she gets with. Even when she has a bf for a longer period, she is still flirty with everyone, and often successful (sp?). I can't imagine being with someone i feel nothing for. So, i finally came to that question: Are feelings important to you when you meet a girl? They are very important for me, but, again, i have those childish crushes that last forever, and are maybe too deep.

Should i just go snooging girls i like physically, and get to know them over time, or should i stay like this, hopelessly falling in platonic love with gals?

Thanks in advance, hope you understand my question :)

Comments

• Options
    By pulling do you mean a snog with the person, getting their phone number or having sex with them because i guess all can be used as definations for pulling.

When people go out to clubs they dance and more often than not their is alcohol involved, peoples inhabitions are lower and some people are looking to pull. If it is just a snog or whatever some people in varying states of drunkeness are not going to be too bothered by who they get off with so to speak!

I can safely say i have never been out to a club and pulled anyone, that might make me sad but you know :p It could also be to do with the fact that i have been involved in two subsantially long term realtionships in my teens, and never had the oppurtunity. But i dont care i wouldn't change it.
    All of my realtionships have developed through varying degree's of friendship and first, and if a relationship is what you are looking for then a club or somewhere wouldn't be the best place to start.

It may sound sad but when you will meet the right girl, that being a girl that likes you back in the wya that you like her, but if fun is what your after then i guess some people regard randomin kissing as fun or whatever, then erm go for that.

Ok i ramble to much :yeees:
  • Options
    Firstly, I'd like to apologize because I didn't quite define pulling.

I thought of it as snogging a gal, taking her phone number, and having a normal realtionship afterwards. Simply: breaking the ice for dating :)

hope that this fixes the question a bit.

And, secondly, i'd like to add that this is kinda a question of morale. I do not want to rant on anyone, I just want to hear what you think of snogging a girl you maybe even have no feelings for, just out of boredom, having a relationship with her, and then dumping/cheating on her. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    I always go by the more anarchic (sp?) way:
    do whatever you like as long as noone gets hurt (in any way!).

so if you and your snogging-partner are fine with it just being a one-nighter then sure, go ahead! :-)

of course, if practiced to excessively, this could earn you a "bad" reputation which might scare off the more serious girls (like those wanting a comitted, long-term relationship) so you might not want to overdo it.

and sooner or later you'll find a girl you have feelings for and it'll all go by itself. :)
  • Options
    Getting dates, kisses, etc is far more easier for girls then a guy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Heh, I wish. :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

fucking right :eek:
  • Options
    your mate sounds like she's confident + sure of herself. people pick up on her lack of insecurities,or visible insecurities if she hides them well, + are drawn to her. simple as that. confident people pull more/more easily
  • Options
    Well, I get it like this:

In order to get a date, you have to be confident.
    However, it takes a couple of dates to gain confidence.

Right?

I guess I should have started this dating game a couple of years earlier...

Edited to fix some spelling mistakes.
  • Options
    Re: Pulling
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    Hey all!

Well, this isn't quite an ordinary how-to-pull thread...

I have some questions for you guys (and gals too :))

I have a female frien, that is just an average girl, but seems to be able to pull any guy she wants to (well, almost any :)).
    I have never been successful at pulling myself (i'm a male), but i really got one thing that's bothering me. It seems to me that she has no feelings for guys that she gets with. Even when she has a bf for a longer period, she is still flirty with everyone, and often successful (sp?). I can't imagine being with someone i feel nothing for. So, i finally came to that question: Are feelings important to you when you meet a girl? They are very important for me, but, again, i have those childish crushes that last forever, and are maybe too deep.

Should i just go snooging girls i like physically, and get to know them over time, or should i stay like this, hopelessly falling in platonic love with gals?

Thanks in advance, hope you understand my question :)

bro you gotta stop being so damn nice and you might actually get laid one day. it worked for me.
  • Options
    just show some confidence and buy them a drink, then start joking with them then batter them over the head and bring them back to your place, works for my mate all the time :) although i think he batters them in the face rather than on the head as theyre rather rough on it :lol: