Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bye bye Bush administration

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Out go the neo cons, in come the neo liberals.

Rumsfeld

Comments

• Options
    If there is confusion is it not logical to read the link? If you are lazy there are only three significant words (and a date) in that whole article.

Rumsfeld.

Impechement.

6th May.

Donald.

They sure kept it quiet.
  • Options
    Do you have something specific you want to discuss?

I must admit some ignorance, but isn't being impeched like being charge with the crime? Hardly cause for the fall of Bush, especially as Bush could still walk away 'clean' and pick another defense sectretary. Cheney would be more serious, but Rumsfeld has been on the edge for a while.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I must admit some ignorance, but isn't being impeched like being charge with the crime?

according to freesearch, to impeach is:

to make a formal statement saying that a public official is guilty of a serious offence in connection with their job

which is a bit worse than being charged with a crime because it's directly related to the job he's doing. Like, if a governor was swindling money out of taxes no-one would stand for it but say he was conning someone out of their money, but it wasn't taxes, then although people would be pissed off they wouldn't be so pissed off.

But he's still in there isn't he? In that case, the administration is severly buggered. I'm shocked this didn't come out earlier! I have never heard it mentioned even once!!
  • Options
    that was indeed kept very quiet
  • Options
    Apparently, it may not be that big a deal
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    according to freesearch, to impeach is:

to make a formal statement saying that a public official is guilty of a serious offence in connection with their job

which is a bit worse than being charged with a crime because it's directly related to the job he's doing. Like, if a governor was swindling money out of taxes no-one would stand for it but say he was conning someone out of their money, but it wasn't taxes, then although people would be pissed off they wouldn't be so pissed off.

But he's still in there isn't he? In that case, the administration is severly buggered. I'm shocked this didn't come out earlier! I have never heard it mentioned even once!!

That's very interesting, thank you. Is he actively guilty, or just accused though?

It has been kept very very quiet.
  • Options
    erm it looks like he hasnt actually been impeached yet, or ever will be, its something a congressman wants to have passed through, but will never have a vote on the floor of the house
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh

I do hope though Kerry can become the next American President, I have listened and read many of his speeches, they have impressed me.

Easily impressed by the lies of traitors, are you?

Why do you not investigate John Fakir Kerry and his collaborating with representatives of the Viet Cong in Paris, 1971, while still an officer in the U.S. Navy, and while the U.S. was still at war in Vietnam. Is called TREASON.

Hoping that Kerry will follow his proven form, and negotiate the surrender of the United States to bin Laden? That would make sense...

Why do you not investigate his fake "Vietnam Veterans Against the War", which was composed of frauds who had either never been in Vietnam, or more frequently, had never served in the US military? How about Kerry's attendance at meetings where the assassination of US Senators was discussed and voted on, yet never reported to ANYONE? (Kerry still a Naval officer.)

Kerry's political career is a lie, based upon a military "career" which was a lie. Only reason he did not stand court martial for treason was his doing the Lewinski for Teddy Chappaquidick Kennedy... a drunk who is complicit in the death of an aide, while he returned to party on through the night, and leave his victim to drown alone.

"Follow the line. It will take you to the showers. Your cooperation is necessary." And you would THANK them for their exquisite care of your needs, right?

Your ignorance is exceeded ONLY by your willful stupidity.
  • Options
    how about his policies globe, seem to forget that
  • Options
    "How about Kerry's attendance at meetings where the assassination of US Senators was discussed and voted on, yet never reported to ANYONE?"

if it wasnt reported to anyone how do you know about it?

and until some brings proof of that i will not believe you, something that explosive means he would never have become senator and would never have become the democratic nominee for president
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    Easily impressed by the lies of traitors, are you?

Why do you not investigate John Fakir Kerry and his collaborating with representatives of the Viet Cong in Paris, 1971, while still an officer in the U.S. Navy, and while the U.S. was still at war in Vietnam. Is called TREASON.

Hoping that Kerry will follow his proven form, and negotiate the surrender of the United States to bin Laden? That would make sense...

Why do you not investigate his fake "Vietnam Veterans Against the War", which was composed of frauds who had either never been in Vietnam, or more frequently, had never served in the US military? How about Kerry's attendance at meetings where the assassination of US Senators was discussed and voted on, yet never reported to ANYONE? (Kerry still a Naval officer.)

Kerry's political career is a lie, based upon a military "career" which was a lie. Only reason he did not stand court martial for treason was his doing the Lewinski for Teddy Chappaquidick Kennedy... a drunk who is complicit in the death of an aide, while he returned to party on through the night, and leave his victim to drown alone.

"Follow the line. It will take you to the showers. Your cooperation is necessary." And you would THANK them for their exquisite care of your needs, right?

Your ignorance is exceeded ONLY by your willful stupidity.

Please don't spread malicious gossip in a forum about fact. Get some sources or keep quiet.
  • Options
    Still i'd rather vote for Kerry than Bush, i wonder what goes through the minds of some americans when they say they're going to vote for Bush, he's failed America in every aspect, not only the war.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG

if it wasnt reported to anyone how do you know about it?

and until some brings proof of that i will not believe you...

Talk about it with the FBI. They have recorded, and reported it...
  • Options

Jolly good, where is your source? No-one has any reason to believe you are talking anything but rubbish.
  • Options
    OK, i supose, i was being igorant only because I didn't understand that part, now I have a brief idea, thanks.

Don't listen to him mate, he's got no proof. You've been bothered to do some background on this guy. And I'd rather have him than Bush, though I'm torn between getting Kerry, and putting up with Bush for another term and maybe getting Clinton, because that would be interesting.
  • Options
    I genuinely fear for the wellbeing of mankind should that bunch of murdering twisted bastards get another term, Fiend.

Hi Thanatos. How's things?

You wanna run Bush's "honourable" military record with us?

He was a patriot alright.
  • Options
    i dont deny bush's accounts of what happened with his service, but it is dubious what has been dragged up about it

and as for the assasination thing, just by saying on this message board that the FBI has recorded and reported on it makes it as much more true as me been your father

if it had been reported then kerry would not have had any kind of political carear ever
  • Options
    Can you put us in touch with the FBI, Thanny, or is that Greenhat's department?

It does strike me as curious, though, that a man who is supposed to have had high office in his sights since Vietnam, and maybe sooner, would compromise himself by a dalliance with plotters of assassination, and by maintaining a lacklustre voting record. Is Kerry such a complex person, or are conservatives simply unable to keep their barrage of lies internally consistent?
  • Options
    id rather have a devious bastard who knows what he is doing in office, rather than a dumb monkey

at least in kerry's case he will know what he is up to, in bush's case nobody does, and you cant deny that it does point bush out as slightly idiotic when you get the term "bushism's" coined in memory of you
  • Options
    Thanatos being all for truth will obviously be ready to acknowledge the lies of his partisan ilk in SBVT, who have dishonoured themselves and the stature of the military with their own fraudulent claims...

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=231

Of course, i suspect its far more convenient to keep on regurgitating blatantly partisan lies regardless of the substantive and quite well documented authenticity of Kerry's service record.
  • Options
    i dont think kerry has a vietnam fiasco, looks just like a bunch of lies

of the swift boat veterans, only half of them are supportive of these ads, the other half support kerry, so these attack ads i view them with a fair bit of sceptecism
  • Options
    well dont you mean a veteran that previously didnt support him?

as he has allready got a number of veterans on his side
  • Options
    what isnt vital to someone in a presidential election?
  • Options
    Bush will almost certain to win the next election if there is a terror attack in the United States. if Alqueida launch an attack, they have done a great job for Bush.
    That's one way of looking at it. The other way is, if after all this warring against terrorism, al-Qa'ida can still launch an attack against America (or is actually in a better position to strike than ever because of a flood of new recruits), a Bush administration is clearly not up to the job. Electing him anyway would send a signal to the Arab world that the American electorate are motivated by unreasoning hatred, which would be good for bin Laden's fundamentalist ambitions.

Have to say though, in all fairness, that I would be quite surprised if bin Laden did try anything. 911 concentrated the minds of the the US intelligence services wonderfully, and I don't see them being caught so completely off guard again. A failed attempt would help Bush appear more competent, so I think they'll concentrate on Iraq, where they currently hold most of the cards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    That's one way of looking at it. The other way is, if after all this warring against terrorism, al-Qa'ida can still launch an attack against America (or is actually in a better position to strike than ever because of a flood of new recruits), a Bush administration is clearly not up to the job. Electing him anyway would send a signal to the Arab world that the American electorate are motivated by unreasoning hatred, which would be good for bin Laden's fundamentalist ambitions.

To be fair, the electorate of any country aren't that reasoning at large.

And personally, if I were a terrorist, I wouldn't want to be helping Bush I'd be discrediting the new administration. Wait until after the elections then commit a few atrocities to destablise the government.
  • Options
    Many terrorists are not interested in peace, they want war.

What's your point?
  • Options
    My point is they would plan an attack any time and anywhere. They won't care about the US Elections.

funny i was thinking the same about Bush instead of terrorists
  • Options
    Bush isn't a terrorist IMO!

And that unnecessary exclaimation mark really helps us take your opinion seriously!
  • Options
    My point is they would plan an attack any time and anywhere. They won't care about the US Elections.

If they are smart, and they are, then they will plan these things to have the biggest tactical impact. Hence attacking the WTC, it was an icon, and then was gone, and that was a good target to pick.

In the same way by waiting until after the elections. They discredit Bush by attacking after all the promises he has made. Or they through a new administration into disarray.
  • Options
    i didn't say he wasn't, i just implied that he wants war instead of peace and will attack anywhere he wants when he wants

And what makes him and his army different to any terrorist army, besides the fact that they can legally do things terrorist groups can't.

Bush believes that by destroying these groups America and only America can be protected, thats his aim and he's using terror to gain it, i.e. killing thousands of innocent Iraqi's and Afghans

Terrorists believe that western ideals are a threat to theirs and they are using terror to destroy western ideals.

Same thing just two different ways of looking at them.