Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not exatly sure where this would go, so fashion it is... anyways, I bought some waxing stuff. Only every time I've ever done any waxing to myself it never turns out too right. Like the hair just doesn't come off. Am I putting it on too thick or thin? Anybody wanna give me some tipperoos? Other people have used the same type of waxing stuff I've gotten and it works for everybody else.

Comments

• Options
    Frm having seen my sister do it, don't think you need to put much on at all, but she and my mum make their own wax out of sugar!!

Maybe you're pulling the wrong way??
  • Options
    Ohhh, could you get me the recipe ;)
  • Options
    Argh, I have exactly the same problems with waxing, not sure what everyone else is doing right either! Sorry, not very helpful!
  • Options
    i think its the way you pull the strip off. i could never do it either!
  • Options
    ouch,home waxing :eek: just pay a professional to do the job *yes* pain free(ish) + much faster. i always find it take me 45 minutes to do a job that would take a proper waxing lady 5 minutes.
  • Options
    I don't like other people touching my danger zone with hot wax :p Plus I'm a cheap ass. Could be the way I rip the strip off... don't know, maybe I'm not letting the hair get long enough?
  • Options
    I hate doing the waxing myself... but these days I've no choice cause I'm broke.
    Perhaps it would help if ya had a friend to help ya. I always find when I do the waxing myself... I dread to pull and takes me forever to work the courage and when I do' I never pull it off quick enough so don't gain good results from it, so takes me longer and I would be in agony :( hehe
  • Options
    Your hair needs to be at least 1/4 inch for the hair to be pulled. You need to pull the hair the opposite way its growing. If your hairs direction is down, you need to pull it upwards. :thumb:
  • Options
    take a good swig of some hard liquor and rip it off
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    take a good swig of some hard liquor and rip it off

I'll do that :thumb:

I didn't know the hair had to be that long. Maybe I'm a wuss and too impatient to wait for longer hair is why it never works. *gets out the ruler*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind

Perhaps it would help if ya had a friend to help ya. I always find when I do the waxing myself... I dread to pull and takes me forever to work the courage and when I do' I never pull it off quick enough so don't gain good results from it, so takes me longer and I would be in agony :( hehe

very true. i waxed my mates 'pits last summer + it was over in seconds,whereas it would have taken her days to do it herself! was really quite theraputic on my part too :yes: