Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is it wrong???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when ive split with girls b4 its never been that long til ive found another one.

i find myself really empty if i dont have sum1 2 care for an care for me, im not at all close with my family and i cant really get the same feelin from my mates,

am i jus bein stupid or needy or do i need 2 jus get a kick up the arse?

Comments

• Options
    Just think yourself lucky that you can get someone to care for you in the first place.

And no its not wrong, loads of people are the same take me for example. I feel lost without someone to care for me, iv been lost for quite a while now.
  • Options
    I think that you can always have someone to care for to an extent because it's not healthy to always have someone else make you happy. I always thought other people could make me happy until I realized what a different person I am when I'm not "with someone."

Think about why you're doing this though. Are you really afraid to be alone? Are you scared of being independent? Maybe insecurity is an issue. You don't need to answer those questions, just think about if any of them could be a factor.

For me, I couldn't go from one guy to the next without "grieving", if they meant something to me. Maybe you might be avoiding that 'process.'

The only person who knows why, is you. Just think to yourself what you're so afraid of.
  • Options
    Yeah it is very easy to slip from one relationship into another without giving yourself time and space, which is what I think you really need, especially if the relationship was serious. Its a good opportunity to get to know yourself a little better, to learn to depend on yourself and be happy with your life and what you have, rather than relying on someone else to bring you happiness and define who you are.

It isn't wrong necessarily, but I think for a relationship to be really successful you have to know yourself and understand what you want and need in life, and therefore you can love someone and grow with them, rather then depending on them for everything.
  • Options
    Thanks guys , i think ur right, maybe i should spend a lil time on my own (relationship wise)