Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

could do with a lil help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive jus split with my girl, she found sum1 else

i want to forget her an move on but i cant, I cant get over feelin so depressed and hurt

any tips u can give a broken hearted lad?:(

Comments

• Options
    u say u *just* split up with her...

its gonna take longer to recover and you probably cant expect much yet

Just keep busy, dont dwell on it an eventually you will move on
  • Options
    If you've just split up you need to give yourself time to come to terms with it, let it sink in and (in a sense) grieve for the loss of the relationship. Give time to your thoughts, look after yourself, do your usual things and make that extra effort to go out with friends, spend quality time with them and with your family if you get along. Try and keep everything in perspective, try and keep reasonably busy but don't push the break up out of your mind, deal with the emotions that go hand in hand with breaking up as and when they hit you.

Expect to be sad, angry, desperate for a second chance. Don't be a pushover if she comes back, don't chase her if she doesn't. She's made her decision and now you have to think about yourself. Come on here to rant, talk to a friend, write it all down somewhere, vent your stress/anger/sadness.

I hope you feel better soon :) Someone will be along with better advice than me soon enough, just wanted to give you a few words of support. Many people know what you're feeling.
  • Options
    cheers guys i really appreciate it, to tell u the truth i think this is the first time ive been genuinely heart broken so its kinda new 2 me, thanks 4 ur support
  • Options
    No problem, it's hard but you'll survive and hopefully be stronger for the experience.

Just take each day as it comes :)
  • Options
    yeah dude, you know, itll just dissapear one day and ull think, what the fuck was i so worried about, then you'll be well happy. and keep in mind what my dad always says

"when you get older you'll find someone exactly like you in everyway and you'll fall in love

then you'll dump her and marry her mate"
  • Options
    haha nice one evil_dave and griggi that seems like good advice.

Losing a gf can never be good but like briggi says go out with yafriends. Hopefully you can have some rebound sex, im sure it will help haha.

:naughty:

.matt
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue
    Losing a gf can never be good but like briggi says go out with ya friends and hopefully have some rebound sex,

Briggi didn't say anything about going out and having rebound sex. It won't help. It'll take your mind off it for a few hours then you'll be back to square one again.
  • Options
    sorry is that better phrased!
    Did you not notice the sarcasm either.
    Oh i give up.
    .matt
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Todger,
    *hugs*, hope you're OK.

There's some really helpful tips in these articles on TheSite:
    Mending a broken heart
    How to move on
    Getting over it

Hope these help some.

Oh and just a little tip for the boards... we don't really allow text talk but I just thought I'd tell you before someone flamed you for it.

CB
  • Options
    you dont allow txt talk? Hmmm thats a novel point although i think txt talk kinda came from the internet so thats like saying you cant use windows on ya pc
    .matt
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hmmm, questioning a mod? Not always a good idea ;)

Anyways if you look at TheSite boards good manners guide you'll see a section about text talk that should explain it.

I wasn't having a go at Todger but I've seen the flaming newbies can get if they use it excessivley and wanted to give him a bit of a hint to avoid that.

CB
  • Options
    Originally posted by ClaireBear
    Hmmm, questioning a mod? Not always a good idea ;)
    Well i didnt know you was a mod and also it matters not. Questioning mods is my job and its urs to have impartial friendly answer. Being an admin at another board i wouldnt expect any of my mods to get on a high horse although the wink after makes me think you was onyl playing so ill shut up now ;)
    .matt
  • Options
    also i love jay and silent bob
    .matt
  • Options
    Cheers claire and matt but dont you two be fallin out over lil ol' me and my abreviated speech ;)
  • Options
    Hey, dunno if this helps, but my bf dumped me bout month ago maybe, was very upset, you know was thinking of losing my virginity to him, were together for 6 months, i really really liked him 'n he kinda just threw it back at me. For the first week, didn't really do much, just mope around, and after that when on a pulling spree lol. Didn't do much good the next morning but it helped move on. Go out with your mates and try and forget about it, you'll have plenty of time to think bout it when you're on your own!
  • Options
    yeah it does help, its nice to know that there a still a few good people left in the world
  • Options
    Originally posted by Todger
    Cheers claire and matt but dont you two be fallin out over lil ol' me and my abreviated speech ;)
    no i apologised i know how mods take some shit sometimes
    .matt