Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A Level results

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    got Cs for biology, psychology n general studies and
    D for maths.

off to oxford brookes to do accounting and finance
  • Options
    For AS, I got:

Psychology - B
    ICT - C
    Geography - C
    English Lit - C
    General Studies - C

Gonna retake papers in ICT and geography to hopefully get Bs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Ooh AS social policy, what's it like?

At the start of the year my lecturer defined it as "the study of social welfare provision". It's a mix of sociology and politics.

In my syllabus (Edexcel) we looked at; housing and homelessness, health, education and a few others (sorry i can't remember what they were off hand). There was also a coursework module where we wrote a proposal for a piece of social policy that we thought was needed.

Hope this helps!? I would recommend it. But if you've already done an AS/A level in sociology (as i had), some/most of it is repetition. And having said that I wish I had done French instead. That's not to say it's a bad course, I just think I would have got more out of French.
  • Options
    well i got:
    A- history (so pleased!)
    A- General studies
    B- Government & politics
    C- maths (what i expected but wish i'd done better)

i was really pleased overal however i got rejected by both my first and second choice unis (manchester and cardiff)
    went through clearing on thurs and now have place at Leicester uni to study history and politics which is the course i originally applied for.
    after crying for most of thurs afternoon i realised i'm very lucky.
    can't wait to go to uni! yey!

X
  • Options
    My AS results were

Busness Studies - B
    Sports Studies - C
    General Studies - C
    ICT - D (got B on one paper, C in coursework but did really badly in second paper)
    Maths - U

Im going to retake my second ICT paper to get my grade up to at least a C because i need BCC in my A levels to get onto my uni course.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Why did you get rejected? You got AAB or was it because they didn't accept general studies. What did both those uni's want?

neither of them accepted general studies
    manchester wanted ABB and cardiff wanted BBB. cos i dropeed to a C in maths cardiff wouldn't take me cos i went below their minimum B and it didn't matter that i got an A in one of the subjects i'm going to study!
    was really annoyed and upset that they did that but leicester is a good uni and i can't wait to go and leave my small town!

X