Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blunkett's Moral Example

David Blunkett, whilst lecturing us all on how we should be good little citizens, pay our taxes and shut the hell up, appears to have been behaving slightly less well.

Normally I'm not one for tabloid tittle-tattle, but I find it ever so slightly hypocritical how Mr Blunkett has been lecturing us all whilst boning the (married) publisher of The Spectacularlyboring the whole time.

I hope he catches something. Like a fall off Beachy Head.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm fairly sure that she is pregnant too. Does he have his dog lead him to the bedroom? (is that over the line?)
  • Options
    Re: Blunkett's Moral Example
    Originally posted by Kermit
    David Blunkett, whilst lecturing us all on how we should be good little citizens, pay our taxes and shut the hell up, appears to have been behaving slightly less well.

Normally I'm not one for tabloid tittle-tattle, but I find it ever so slightly hypocritical how Mr Blunkett has been lecturing us all whilst boning the (married) publisher of The Spectacularlyboring the whole time.

I hope he catches something. Like a fall off Beachy Head.

Oopsy! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Does he have his dog lead him to the bedroom? (is that over the line?)

That dog has crap taste if it does.

(now that IS over the line)
  • Options
    I'm always reminded at time slike this of Blair going "we must be whiter than white".

So now we have a Labour backbencher getting arrested in a brothel (Joe Ashton), another Labour backbencher getting arrested on Clapham Common, a third Labour backbencher sending near-naked pictures of himself to a constituent, a senior Labour backbencher getting his Brazilian gigolo a work permit, and now a senior Labour frontbencher boning a married woman.

I think I'd have David Mellor back ahead of this lot. I think the thought of him getting his toes sucked is far more appealing that the thought of Blunkett getting his end away. At least the Tories' sexual perversions were interesting...
  • Options
    What happens if the dog things he's being attacked? Does the dog spring to the defense of it's noble master?

(i'm not helping the line issue)
  • Options
    Politicians fall in love too? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    (i'm not helping the line issue)

The line is rapidly receding into the distance, pet.
  • Options
    yes, with someone else's leg!

Oops, sorry, thought we were talking about the dog again...
  • Options
    He doesnt have feelings, he cant with the policies he's brought in.
  • Options
    The line is rapidly receding into the distance, pet.

You are northern aren't you? 'pet' is straight out of Byker Grove!
  • Options
    Byker, Byker, Byker Grove! Way back when with Ant and Dec!!
  • Options
    Isn't their personal dealings slightly irrelevant to the work they do as politicians? Politics has little to do with honesty, it's about arguing what your constiuents and the country want isn't it? So even if he lies point blank, but he still delivers, then he's good at politics?

I mean, I would rather have a competent politician who is a swinger in their spare time, than a goody two shoes who never got anything done. That said: I don't know anything about what blunkett has done whilst labour has been in office :confused:
  • Options
    Byker, Byker, Byker Grove! Way back when with Ant and Dec!!

not so way back actually mate, they had a new series just last year.
  • Options
    The big block of flats in Byker is caleld the Byker Wall. Unfortunately it didn't keep them inside.

:(

Aye, I am northern. I'm a Yorkie, wee lassie.

Although pet is a lovely word. So is workie tickiet. And I like Newcy Broon...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    not so way back actually mate, they had a new series just last year.

Not with Ant and Dec surely!

ShyBoy; As for Blunket, well imagine creating a police state, thats what he is on his way to doing.
  • Options

No fortunatly not, but geoff was killed in an explosion at the grove a few series back, and now there are only crappy people in charge.

Hmm, I know too much about this.:eek2:
  • Options

ShyBoy; As for Blunket, well imagine creating a police state, thats what he is on his way to doing.

Then we should kick him out! But I beleive it should be based on his politics/policies and not his personal affairs. (unless they have a dispute of interests)
  • Options
    You're a student. Watching shitty childrens' television is allowed as it's ironic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Then we should kick him out! But I beleive it should be based on his politics/policies and not his personal affairs. (unless they have a dispute of interests)

Blunkett is moralistic and lecturing. New Labour got in on an anti-sleaze ticket, because of the sexual indiscretions of the previous Government.

Therefore him banging the brains out of a married woman is hypocritical.
  • Options
    Yes, your too young but there was an excellent student TV show called Light Lunch on with Mel and Sue when I was younger. Top Notch!
  • Options
    You're a student. Watching shitty childrens' television is allowed as it's ironic.

I never want to be that ironic. Having the wombles theme tune on my computer is as ironic as I get.
  • Options
    Yes, your too young but there was an excellent student TV show called Light Lunch on with Mel and Sue when I was younger. Top Notch!

I remember that! It was hilarious
  • Options
  • Options

This Morning will always reign supreme in the land of student television. Or possibly Vanessa/Trisha, because it's full of BRITISH inbred yokels :lol:
  • Options
    This Morning will always reign supreme in the land of student television. Or possibly Vanessa/Trisha, because it's full of BRITISH inbred yokels :lol:

Trisha was fantastic, like a low-life version of Oprah, incidentally, she's on jury duty in the states at the mo, it was in the torygraph.
  • Options
    Trisha is too depressing, I cant deal with it, the people on there scare me. I dont like to deal with people like that.
  • Options
    Trisha is too depressing, I cant deal with it, the people on there scare me. I dont like to deal with people like that.

I :heart: chavs. At least on the TV.

The funniest thing I've seen was a spoof of it on Phoenix Nights, with Bob Carolgees.
  • Options
    I haven't watched it for a few years, I am unsure whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    I'm a cruel and sadistic sod, so I laugh.

Mummy's baby, daddy's maybe! :lol:

Though it's always really tragic when it goes wrong, and it makes one of the guests turn into a bit of a fuitloop. Which has happened before on Jerry Springer.
  • Options
    I prefer Dr Phil myself.